|This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (December 2012)|
|Release date(s)||iOS, Android
September 12, 2012
|Mode(s)||Single-player with multiplayer interaction|
Montopia was Zynga’s first social role-playing game created for mobile devices. Players attempt to uncover the truth about Montopia, a lost monster Utopia, while collecting and fusing monsters together to strengthen their abilities. The game was shut down on December 21, 2012.
Montopia was originally launched in early 2012 only in Japan, for Apple iOS and Google Android devices. Montopia was released globally in English for iOS and Android in September 2012 and followed with Traditional Chinese and Korean versions in October 2012. The game was closed on December 21, 2012.
Montopia is a mobile social role-playing game that challenges players to travel with their childhood friend, Milly, across the land of Montopia. Montopia is an island Utopia where mankind and monsters once lived before it was destroyed by a mysterious disaster. The goal of Montopia is for players to collect and train monsters and use them in battles to discover the island’s secrets.
- "Zynga Launches Mobile Social Games Montopia and Ayakashi: Ghost Guild to Worldwide Audiences". Press Release. Zynga. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- Takahashi, Dean (12 September 2012). "In a twist, Zynga to import two mobile games from its Japan division". VentureBeat. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- Mlot, Stephanie (December 31, 2012). "Game Over for 11 Zynga Games". PC Magazine. Ziff Davis. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- "Zynga Launches its First Mobile Social Role Playing Game: Montopia". Blog. Zynga Blog. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- Thompson, Mike (12 September 2012). "Zynga brings two mobile titles over from Japan to North America". Inside Social Games. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Montopia Walkthrough, Cheats and Strategy Guide". Walkthrough. GameZebo. Retrieved 18 October 2012.