Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée
|Operator||S.A Aéroport de Montpellier Méditerranée|
|Elevation AMSL||17 ft / 5 m|
Location of Languedoc-Roussillon region in France
Montpellier–Méditerranée Airport or Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée (IATA: MPL, ICAO: LFMT), also known as Fréjorgues Airport, is an airport in southern France. It is located 7 km (4 nautical miles) east-southeast of Montpellier in Mauguio, in the Hérault department of the Languedoc-Roussillon region in France. The airport opened in 1946, 8 years after the first flight to the area.
The airport carries the 10th largest number of passengers in France (over 1.18 million in 2010). A campus of the École nationale de l'aviation civile (French civil aviation university) is also located at the airport.
The airport resides at an elevation of 17 feet (5 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 13L/31R is 2,600 by 50 metres (8,530 ft × 164 ft) and 13R/31L is 1,100 by 30 metres (3,609 ft × 98 ft).
Airlines and destinations
- Bus route 120 (the "Airport Shuttle") runs between Place de l’Europe tramway station and the Airport along Avenue Pierre Mendès-France.
- ÉcoPôle and Parc Expo are the closest Montpellier tramway stations, but the stations are not close to the passenger terminal.
- LFMT – MONTPELLIER MÉDITERRANÉE. AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 21 May 2020.
- "Résultats d'activité des aéroports français 2018" (PDF). aeroport.fr. Retrieved 31 August 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Transavia France launches Montpellier base in April 2020". Routesonline. Retrieved 3 December 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Air France / Transavia France S20 Algeria network expansion". Routesonline. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- Liu, Jim. "Transavia France adds Montpellier – Tunisia routes in S20". Routesonline. Retrieved 19 December 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Transavia France S20 network expansion as of 17JAN20". Routesonline. Retrieved 22 January 2020.
- Liu, Jim. "Volotea outlines post-COVID 19 network expansion in S20". Routesonline. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
- Aéroport Montpellier Méditerranée, http://www.montpellier.aeroport.fr/en/acces-a-l-aeroport/en-transports-publics
Media related to Montpellier–Méditerranée Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Montpellier Airport (official site) (in English)
- CCI de Montpellier (official site) (in French)
- Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée (Union des Aéroports Français) (in French)
- Airport information for LFMT at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for LFMT at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for LFMT at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for MPL at Aviation Safety Network