Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée
|Operator||S.A Aéroport de Montpellier Méditerranée|
|Elevation AMSL||17 ft / 5 m|
Location of Languedoc-Roussillon region in France
Source: French AIP
Montpellier–Méditerranée Airport or Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée (IATA: MPL, ICAO: LFMT), also known as Fréjorgues Airport, is an airport in southern France. It is located 7 km (4 nautical miles) east-southeast of Montpellier in Mauguio, in the Hérault department of the Languedoc-Roussillon region in France. The airport opened in 1946, 8 years after the first flight to the area.
The airport carries the 10th largest number of passengers in France (over 1.18 million in 2010). There are five airlines that operate year-round at the airport, and several others that operate seasonally or provide charter flights. A campus of the École nationale de l'aviation civile (French civil aviation university) is also located at the airport.
The airport resides at an elevation of 17 feet (5 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 13L/31R is 2,600 by 50 metres (8,530 ft × 164 ft) and 13R/31L is 1,100 by 30 metres (3,609 ft × 98 ft).
Airlines and destinations
|Aer Lingus||Seasonal: Dublin|
|Air Arabia Maroc||Casablanca, Marrakesh, Fes, Nador, Tangier|
|Air France||Paris–Charles de Gaulle, Paris–Orly|
operated by HOP!
|Nantes, La Rochelle|
|British Airways||Seasonal: London-Heathrow (begins 3 May 2017)|
|HOP!||Seasonal: Ibiza (begins 8 July 2017)|
|Norwegian Air Shuttle||Seasonal: Copenhagen, Stockholm-Arlanda (begins 19 June 2017)|
|Royal Air Maroc||Casablanca|
Seasonal: Hahn, Leeds/Bradford
|Scandinavian Airlines||Seasonal: Copenhagen|
Seasonal: Ajaccio, Brest
|Sun Air of Scandinavia||Seasonal charter: Lorient|
|Atlantic Airlines||Coventry, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Bastia|
- Bus route 120 (the "Airport Shuttle") runs between Place de l’Europe tramway station and the Airport along Avenue Pierre Mendès-France.
- ÉcoPôle and Parc Expo are the closest Montpellier tramway stations, but the stations are not close to the passenger terminal.
- LFMT – MONTPELLIER MÉDITERRANÉE. AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 27 April 2017.
- Aéroport Montpellier Méditerranée, http://www.montpellier.aeroport.fr/en/acces-a-l-aeroport/en-transports-publics
Media related to Montpellier–Méditerranée Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Montpellier Airport (official site) (English)
- CCI de Montpellier (official site) (French)
- Aéroport de Montpellier–Méditerranée (Union des Aéroports Français) (French)
- Airport information for LFMT at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for LFMT at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for LFMT at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for MPL at Aviation Safety Network