Montserrat women's national football team
|Association||Montserrat Football Association|
|Confederation||CONCACAF (North America)|
Montserrat women's national football team has not played a single FIFA recognised match, though they were scheduled to before withdrawing from the competition. Montserrat Football Association was created in 1994 and became a FIFA affiliate in 1996.
In 1985, almost no country in the world had a women's national football team, including Montserrat. Between 1985 and April 2012, the team did not play in a single FIFA recognised match. They were supposed to compete in the 2002 Caribbean Qualifying for the CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup. On 30 June, they should have played against the United States Virgin Islands but they withdrew from the tournament. Likewise, they were supposed to compete in the Women's Caribbean Cup 2006. They were supposed to have played St. Kitts and Nevis but withdrew from the tournament. In March 2012, the team was not ranked in the world by FIFA.
Background and development
The national federation was created in 1994 and became a FIFA affiliate in 1996.
- Chrös McDougall (1 January 2012). Soccer. ABDO. p. 45. ISBN 978-1-61783-146-1. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- "Montserrat: Fixtures and Results". FIFA. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "Women Gold Cup 2002". Rsssf.com. 2006-04-05. Retrieved 2012-04-13.
- "Women's Caribbean Cup 2006". Rsssf.com. 2010-01-15. Retrieved 2012-04-13.
- "The FIFA Women's World Ranking". FIFA.com. 2009-09-25. Retrieved 2012-04-13.
- FIFA (2006). "Women's Football Today" (PDF): 134. Retrieved 17 April 2012.