Monty Are I
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Monty Are I|
Monty Are I performing a live show in 2009.
|Also known as||Monty's Fan Club, Monty|
|Origin||Cranston, Rhode Island, United States|
|Members||Stephen "Stevie" Aiello
|Past members||Greg Johnson
Monty Are I (formerly known as Monty's Fan Club and Monty) is an American rock band from Cranston, Rhode Island. Monty Are I is titled after the band instructor, Arthur Montanaro. The "Are I" portion of the name is a pun on "RI", Rhode Island's postal abbreviation.
History and achievements
Monty Are I won Takeover Records' "Sign My Band" contest on MySpace in 2005. They also won the WBRU "Rock Hunt" in 2002 and the Ernie Ball sponsored "Battle of the Bands" in 2003. The group signed to Stolen Transmission, and were upstreamed to Island Records.
Monty has many national tours under their belt, including five years on Vans Warped Tour, and tours with Just Surrender, Secondhand Serenade, Amber Pacific, Anberlin, Powerspace, Rx Bandits, My Chemical Romance, Story of the Year, Sum41, Taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard, Hawthorne Heights and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
Their first album exclusively under Island/DefJam is titled Break Through The Silence and was released on September 22, 2009. "One in a Million" was the first single, released on August 25, 2009.
As of 2017, new plans for the recording of any new Monty Are I material are put on hold as lead vocalist/guitarist Aiello is touring with Thirty Seconds to Mars in support of the 2013 album, Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams, contributing bass and keyboards to their live performances.
- Thanks for the Metal Sign (2000)
- Monty's Fan Club EP (2002)
- The Red Shift (2005)
- Wall of People (2006, Stolen Transmission/Island Records)
- Break Through the Silence (2009, Island Records)
- "C-3P0 is Melting" (1999)
- "Dublin Waltz" (2006)
- "Between The Sheets" (2007)
- "One in a Million" (2009)
- Stephen "Stevie" Aiello – Lead vocals, guitar
- Ryan Muir – Guitar, vocals, trumpet
- Andrew Borstein – Keyboards, trombone, vocals
- Mike Matarese - Bass guitar
- Justin Muir – Drums
- "Providence Journal | Rhode Island: Breaking News, Sports, Politics, Business, Weather and Classifieds - providencejournal.com". Projo.com. 2012-02-07. Retrieved 2012-04-03.
- US. "Sign My Band Contest | Gratis muziek, tourneedata, foto's, video's". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2012-04-03.
- Bob Gulla, The Full Monty, The Providence Phoenix, November 28, 2003. Accessed July 7, 2007.
- Monty Are I at Allmusic.com