Bé d'interès cultural
The term literally means "Property of Cultural Interest", although a better translation could be "Heritage of Cultural Interest", as Andorra now protects not only material heritage, like monuments or movable works of art, but also intangible cultural heritage.
- Non-movable Andorran heritage is divided into the following classifications:
- Monument, which as the term monument implies, refers to buildings or other individual constructions such as public art or memorials that have significant cultural value.
- Conjunt arquitectònic (architectural group or set), grouping of buildings that constitutes a coherent unit, regardless of individual value.
- Paisatge cultural (cultural landscape), joint work of man and nature with aesthetic, historical or cultural value. E.g. Madriu-Perafita-Claror Valley
- Zona arqueològica (archaeological area), area with traces of human intervention in the past.
- Zona paleontològica (paleontological area), area with fossilized remains forming a coherent unit.
- Movable heritage, such archaeological objects, bibliographic heritage, and large works of art.
- (in Catalan) Law 9/2003, of June 12th, del patrimoni cultural d'Andorra, official bulletin of the government of Andorra.
|This Andorra-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|