Moonee Valley Coaches
|Service area||North Melbourne|
|Service type||Bus & coach operator|
|Fleet||32 (February 2015)|
In 1964 Ray Higginson bought a bus serving Dawson Street, Brunswick. By 1966 the business was named Moonee Valley Bus Lines, and in 1969 a partnership with Joe Bellafiori was formed.
Charter services commenced in 1968, expanding to Australia wide touring and camping tours in 1970 when the first new dedicated charter coach was bought. The early 1970s saw more expansion with the purchase of Nuline Bus Service, Caulfield. In 1985 the partnership was dissolved with Bellafiori taking Nuline Bus Service and Higginson Moonee Valley. In 1987 Cunningham Bus Lines was purchased with route 503 Essendon station - Brunswick East.
|503||Essendon||East Brunswick||Albion Street|||
|506||Moonee Ponds Junction||Westgarth||Brunswick|||
As at February 2015, the fleet consisted of 32 buses and coaches. Fleet livery is white with red stripes and blue signwriting.
- "Victorian Buses in the Eighties" Australian Bus Panorama 6/8 May 1991 page 14
- Melbourne Metropolitan Bus Operators and Fleet Listings. Melbourne: Bus & Coach Society of Victoria. 1991. p. 40.
- "Preservation at Moonee Valley Coaches" Australian Bus issue 67 January 2015 pages 34-35
- Route 503 timetable Archived 13 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Public Transport Victoria
- Route 506 timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Moonee Valley Coaches Australian Bus Fleet Lists