On September 20, 1999, Newsweek printed a story on Moonlight Maze that was written by Gregory Vistica. It was titled "'We're in the middle of a cyberwar'," based on a quote from then-Deputy Secretary of Defense John Hamre. However, this was refuted shortly thereafter in an article by Federal Computer Week's Dan Verton.
- Drogin, Bob (7 October 1999). "Russians Seem To Be Hacking Into Pentagon". Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Moonlight Maze, 1998–1999". RealClearPolitics.com. RealClearPolitics. 26 February 2013. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- PBS. "Cyberwar! The Warnings?". PBS. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Newsweek Exclusive: 'We're in the Middle of a Cyberwar'". PR Newswire. September 12, 1999. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- Russians Seem To Be Hacking Into Pentagon, San Francisco Chronicle
- Text of James Adams' testimony to the Committee on Governmental Affairs that includes a summary of Moonlight Maze
- Summary of Moonlight Maze by television series Frontline
- David Perera, Chinese attacks 'Byzantine Candor' penetrated federal agencies, says leaked cable, Fierce Government IT, December 6, 2010
|This computer security article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|