Moonta Bay, South Australia
|Population||1,978 (2011 census)|
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||ACST (UTC+10:30)|
|Location||136 km (85 mi) NW of Adelaide city centre|
|LGA(s)||District Council of the Copper Coast|
Moonta Bay is located in the Copper Coast region of Northern Yorke Peninsula South Australia, adjacent to the historic town of Moonta and Port Hughes. At the 2006 census, Moonta Bay had a population of 2,042.
It is a popular tourist destination, with attractions including the beach and jetty where children are able to swim in a netted area. The jetty is also a popular fishing area particularly for those wanting to catch squid.
The function centre located on the headland overlooking the sea is a popular location for weddings.
The historic Rossiters Point Saltwater Intake and Pumping Station is listed on the South Australian Heritage Register.
Notes and references
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Moonta Bay". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Search result for "Moonta Bay (Locality Bounded)" (Record no SA0046039) with the following layer being selected - "Suburbs and Localities"". Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Moonta Bay, South Australia (Postcode)". postcodes-australia.com. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Goyder electorate boundaries as of 2014". ELECTORAL COMMISSION SA. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Federal electoral division of Grey" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Monthly climate statistics: Summary statistics KADINA AWS (nearest station)". Commonwealth of Australia , Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Moonta Bay (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Saltwater Intake and Pumping Station, Rossiters Point". South Australian Heritage Register. Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Moonta Bay, South Australia.|