Moor Park, Blackpool
|Operated by||Blackpool Council|
|Status||Open all year|
The park is bordered by Bispham Road to the west, Moor Park Avenue to the south, housing on Bristol Avenue to the north and businesses on Bristol Avenue to the east. It is opposite Moor Park Primary School.
History and amenities
The park was built in the 1950s and has a children's playground, a swimming pool (built in, tennis courts, parkland and a (now disused) bowling green. There is also a council owned skatepark on land on the other side of Moor Park Avenue locally known as the 'New Park'.
Moor Park swimming pool
Fylde Memorial Arboretum and Community Woodland
The Fylde Memorial Arboretum and Community Woodland is located in fields next to Moor Park School. It was unveiled on 23 February 2009 following a £14,000 grant from the Forestry Commission English Woodland Grant Scheme and funds from First TransPennine Express. Blackpool Council's Parks Service designed the plans for the memorial woodland, while rangers worked with local school children and community groups to plant trees. 
Officially opened in June 2009 with a service of dedication, the arboretum has a main memorial plaque as well as 16 smaller plinths. It is run by the Arboretum Committee, an offshoot of the Fylde Ex-Service Liaison Committee, with the aim of providing the service associations, and the people of Blackpool and the Fylde, with "a place of peace and beauty in which to remember their fallen comrades and loved ones". The woodland has 2,500 trees, from the Forestry Commission, all planted and available for dedication.
Friends of Moor Park
The Friends of Moor Park group was set up in January 2007 by local residents to help restore the park. The group's aims include to restore the disused bowling green and improve the park's footpaths.
- Bispham Rock Gardens
- George Bancroft Park, Blackpool
- Kincraig Lake Ecological Reserve
- Kingscote Park, Blackpool
- Salisbury Woodland Gardens, Blackpool
- Stanley Park, Blackpool
- "Residents' chance to enhance their park". Blackpool Gazette. 5 January 2007. Retrieved 27 December 2007.
- "Moor Park Swimming Pool". Blackpool Council. 2007. Retrieved 27 December 2007.[permanent dead link]
- "Grant boosts living tribute to our fallen". Blackpool Gazette. 21 February 2009. Retrieved 21 November 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Blackpool honours the armed forces with new Fylde Memorial Arboretum and Community Woodland" (Press release). Forestry Commission. 17 February 2009. Retrieved 21 November 2009.[permanent dead link]
- Tomlinson, Syd. "The Association of Jewish Ex-Servicemen and Women (Blackpool, St Annes and District Branch)" (PDF). Migdal. Blackpool: Blackpool Reform Jewish Congregation (September 2009): 12. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 July 2011. Retrieved 21 November 2009.
- "Livewire - May 6". Blackpool Gazette. 6 May 2009. Retrieved 21 November 2009.