Moorefield Township, Clark County, Ohio
|Moorefield Township, Clark County, Ohio|
The Kenton-Hunt Farm, a historic site in the township
Location of Moorefield Township in Clark County
|• Total||33.0 sq mi (85.5 km2)|
|• Land||29.9 sq mi (77.4 km2)|
|• Water||3.1 sq mi (8.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,099 ft (335 m)|
|• Density||416/sq mi (160.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085856|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Urbana Township, Champaign County - north
- Union Township, Champaign County - northeast
- Pleasant Township - east
- Harmony Township - southeast
- Springfield Township - south
- German Township - west
- Mad River Township, Champaign County - northwest corner
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Moorefield Township is located in Harrison County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Moorefield Township is home to Kenton Ridge High School, Northeastern High School, Northridge Middle School, South Vienna Middle School, Rolling Hills Elementary School, Northridge Elementary School, and South Vienna Middle School. All of these are part of the Northeastern Local School District.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Moorefield township, Clark County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- The History of Clark County, Ohio: Containing a History of the County; Its Cities, Towns, Etc. W. H. Beers and Company. 1881. p. 673.
- Rockel, William Mahlon (1908). 20th Century History of Springfield, and Clark County, Ohio, and Representative Citizens. Biographical Publishing Company. p. 279.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.