|• Total||4.260 sq mi (11.03 km2)|
|• Land||3.811 sq mi (9.87 km2)|
|• Water||0.449 sq mi (1.16 km2)|
|Elevation||1,089 ft (332 m)|
|• Density||220/sq mi (85/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||423 Exchange: 993|
|GNIS feature ID||1294319|
Mooresburg is a census-designated place and unincorporated community in Hawkins County, Tennessee, United States. Its population was 941 as of the 2010 census. Mooresburg has a post office with ZIP code 37811, which opened on March 4, 1814. It lies along U.S. Route 11W between Rogersville and Bean Station.
Mooresburg was named for Major Hugh Moore, whose family settled in the area around 1800.
Mooresburg Elementary School serves grades K-5. Mooresburg Elementary School's mascot is the Mustangs. The motto is "Excellence: Not Optional." The school colors are blue and white.
Mooresburg is served by the Lakeview Volunteer Fire Department.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Mooresburg". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved November 24, 2012.
- History of Mooresburg, Mooresburg Community Association website. Retrieved: 23 July 2015.
|This Hawkins County, Tennessee geography–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|