Moorook, South Australia
|Population||289 (2006 census)|
|LGA(s)||District Council of Loxton Waikerie|
The town of Moorook was surveyed in April 1922 on the left bank of the Murray River where it flows north between Loxton and Kingston on Murray. Moorook is just downstream of Moorook Island and upstream of most of Moorook Game Reserve which surrounds and contains Wachtels Lagoon.
Moorook had earlier been one of the experimental Village Settlements. These were established by the South Australian government under Part VII of the Crown Lands Amendment Act 1893, in an attempt to mitigate the effects of the depression then affecting the Colony.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Moorook (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "2905.0 - Statistical Geography: Volume 2 -- Census Geographic Areas, Australia, 2006". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 8 December 2009.
- "Moorook South Australia". Travelmate. Retrieved 10 December 2009.
- "Placename Details: Moorook". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. 12 May 2011. SA0042811. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "The Crown Lands Amendment Act, 1893 (SA )". Part VII. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|