Moorslede town hall
|• Mayor||Ward Vergote|
|• Governing party/ies||Visie/Pro|
|• Total||35.34 km2 (13.64 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2017)|
|• Density||310/km2 (810/sq mi)|
Moorslede is a municipality located in the Belgian province of West Flanders. The municipality comprises the towns of Dadizele, Slypskapelle and Moorslede proper. On 1 January 2006, Moorslede had a total population of 10,618. The total area is 35.34 km² which gives a population density of 300 inhabitants per km².
- Constant Lievens (1856-1893), the apostle of the Chota Nagpur, was born in Moorslede.
- Emiel Jacques nl:Emiel Jacques (Moorslede 1874 - Michigan, 1937) was a Flemish painter, illustrator and professor, best known for his flax paintings.
- Camille Cools (1874, Moorslede - 1916, Detroit, USA) was the founder, editor and publisher of the Gazette van Detroit. 
- Population per municipality as of 1 January 2017 (XLS; 397 KB)
- Media related to Moorslede at Wikimedia Commons
|This West Flanders location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|