This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||2000 (as MindMatics)|
|Headquarters||Palo Alto, California, United States|
|Products||Electronic payments |
Number of employees
mopay is a mobile payment platform represented in the U.S. by mopay Inc. mopay and mopay Inc. are registered trademarks of MindMatics Group, a Germany-based mobile marketing company.
The brand mopay was first registered in Germany in 2003 by MindMatics AG. Offering single payments interface between online merchants and their respective end-customers, mopay was designed as international mobile payment platform.
In 2009, mopay became the central product of the mobile payment division of MindMatics Group. In early 2010, mopay Inc., was founded as the North American branch of mopay.
mopay addressed vendors of virtual goods and digital goods. It offered a billing option for small online purchases through mobile operators accounts. mopay sought to reach unbanked and underbanked individuals who do not have access to credit cards or bank accounts.
By utilizing mobile devices, mopay was available worldwide. mopay connects to mobile operators in over 80 countries. It handles the digital purchases of over 400 customers, reaching 3.3 billion people.
- "company profile on Crunchbase".
- "mopay expands to the U.S." Inside Facebook. 16 February 2010.
- "credit card penetration in selected countries" (PDF).
- "mopay coverage claim".[permanent dead link]
- "mopay coverage list". Archived from the original on 2012-04-15. Retrieved 2010-03-23.
- "Mopay: Mobile payment interest doubled in North America last year". VentureBeat. 2011-04-21. Retrieved 2019-08-27.