mora (music store)
mora (モーラ, mōra) is an online music and video store for the Japanese market. It is integrated into the Japanese version of Sony's SonicStage software and is now the official store for their Walkman devices. Up until October 1, 2012, music purchased from mora was exclusively in Sony's proprietary ATRAC3 format with OpenMG DRM. A partner store called mora win (モーラ ウィン, mōra win) was also in operation, using Windows Media Audio codec and Windows Media DRM encryption, and integrated into the Japanese version of Microsoft's Windows Media Player 11 as the "recommended store" in Japan.
On October 1, 2012, mora underwent a rehaul into a DRM free store, selling songs and music videos in Advanced Audio Coding formats. The mora win service was also eliminated in the restructuring, with the DRM free store being integrated into the Media Go service in Windows 8. One year later on October 17, 2013, mora began offering songs and albums as 24bit/96kHz FLAC files.
- Jōji Meguro (2007-10-02). "レーベルゲート、Media Playerと操作体系を一体化した「mora win」の新サービス" (in Japanese). CNET Japan. Retrieved 2008-10-17.
- "音楽配信「mora」がDRMフリー+高音質化。10月1日から -AV Watch". Av.watch.impress.co.jp. Retrieved 2013-10-16.
- "mora、FLAC形式のハイレゾ音源配信を10月17日開始 - AV Watch". Av.watch.impress.co.jp. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Label Gate Company profile" (in Japanese). Label Gate. Retrieved 2008-10-17.
- Official website (In Japanese)