A mora knife (Swedish: Morakniv) is a small sheath knife. It is a fixed blade knife, with or without a finger guard. The term originates from knives manufactured by the cutleries in Mora, Dalarna In Sweden and Finland, Mora knives are extensively used in construction and in industry as general-purpose tools. Mora knives are also used by all Scandinavian armies as an everyday knife.
Mora knives were mostly produced by the KJ Eriksson and Frosts Knivfabrik (Frost's Knife Factory) companies; they merged their brands under Mora of Sweden, later renamed Morakniv, but a number of other knife-makers also make mora-style knives. The Morakniv company uses blades of 12C27 stainless steel, UHB-20C carbon steel, Triflex steel, or very hard (HRC 61) carbon steel laminated between softer alloyed steel.
- Mora Companion MG High Carbon (replacement of the now discontinued 840 Clipper)
- Mora Companion MG Stainless (replacement of the now discontinued 860 Clipper)
- Mora Basic 511 carbon
- Mora Basic 546 stainless
- Mora Bushcraft Series
- Mora Kansbol
- Mora Garberg
- Mora Outdoor 2000
- Janson, Karin (27 May 2015). "Mora-stämpel banar väg för knivskarp exportsatsning" [Mora brand paves way for sharp export venture]. www.entreprenor.se. Entreprenör. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- Niklasson, Cenneth (17 August 2010). "Knivskarp match" [Sharp competition] (PDF). www.byggnadsarbetaren.se. Byggnadsarbetaren magazine. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Steel Quality". www.moraofsweden.se. Morakniv. Archived from the original on 25 January 2016. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- Ohlis, Jan. "Villaägarens bästa vänner" [The home owner's best friends]. www.viivilla.se. Vi I Villa. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Craftsman's knives". www.hultafors.se. Hultafors tools. Archived from the original on 8 December 2017. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Adventure". www.moraofsweden.se. Morakniv. Archived from the original on 20 February 2012. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Construction". www.moraofsweden.se. Morakniv. Archived from the original on 12 January 2016. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- Romson, Anders; Cederlund, Johan; Langwe, Monica (2011). Morakniv: sedan 1891 : från begrepp till varumärke [Morakniv: since 1891 : from term to brand] (in Swedish). Mora: Mora of Sweden. ISBN 978-91-633-9108-8. SELIBR 12457602.