Morar railway station
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Scottish Gaelic: Mòrar|
Morar railway station, looking towards the level crossing and Arisaig
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||Mallaig Extension Railway of West Highland Railway|
|Pre-grouping||North British Railway|
|1 April 1901||Station opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Morar from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
West Highland Line
Line and Station open
|North British Railway
Mallaig Extension Railway of West Highland Railway
Line and Station open
The station building is used by West Word.
- Brailsford 2017, Gaelic/English Station Index.
- Butt (1995)
- "Pullman Cars as Camping Coaches". Railway Magazine. 107 (711): 449–450. July 1960.
- "WEST WORD: Community paper for Mallaig, Morar, Arisaig, Lochailort, Glenfinnan, Glenuig, Knoydart and the Small Isles".
- Brailsford, Martyn, ed. (December 2017) . Railway Track Diagrams 1: Scotland & Isle of Man (6th ed.). Frome: Trackmaps. ISBN 978-0-9549866-9-8.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Morar railway station.|
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|