|Vice Chairman of Democratic Action Party (Sarawak)|
|Assumed office |
5 November 2018
Serving with Wong King Wei
|Chairman||Chong Chieng Jen|
|Preceded by||Leon Jimat Donald|
David Wong Kee Woan
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Mas Gading
|Assumed office |
10 May 2018
|Preceded by||Anthony Nogeh Gumbek (PDP-BN)|
Mordi anak Bimol
20 January 1985
Bau, Kuching Division, Sarawak, Malaysia
|Political party||Democratic Action Party (DAP) (2011-present)|
|Pakatan Rakyat (PR) (2011-2015)|
Pakatan Harapan (PH) (2015-present)
|Residence||Bau, Kuching Division, Sarawak, Malaysia|
|Alma mater||University of Malaysia, Sarawak|
Mordi anak Bimol (born 20 January 1985) is a Malaysian politician from the Democratic Action Party (DAP) currently serving as Member of Parliament (MP) of Malaysia representing Mas Gading constituency. Concurrently, he also serves as vice chairman of DAP's Sarawak state liaison committee, chairman of DAP's Tasik Biru branch and special assistant to Deputy Minister of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs of Malaysia and Stampin MP Chong Chieng Jen.
Mordi completed his secondary education at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Batu Kawa (Batu Kawa National Secondary School). He later completed his tertiary education at University of Malaysia, Sarawak (UNIMAS), graduating with a degree in aquatic science in 2008. Mordi worked as a reporter for The Borneo Post's sister publication Utusan Borneo for a brief period.
Mordi began his political career when he joined the DAP in 2011. He has served as special assistant to DAP vice chairman and Sarawak state liaison committee chairman Chong Chieng Jen ever since.
In May 2013, Mordi contested in his first election after being selected as the DAP candidate to contest in a four-cornered fight for the Mas Gading federal seat during the 13th Malaysian general election. Whilst campaigning, Mordi was rushed to hospital in Bau after experiencing some difficulty in breathing and chest pain. He eventually finished third in the polls.
In November 2015, Mordi was elected into the 15-member DAP Sarawak state liaison committee.
In April 2016, Mordi was announced as DAP's candidate to contest for the Tasik Biru state seat in the 11th Sarawak state election by Chong during the launch of the party's new operations centre. However, Mordi was unsuccessful in his challenge against his opponent from the Progressive Democratic Party (PDP).
On 10 May 2018, Mordi was elected as an MP following the results of the historic 14th Malaysian general election. His victory was considered a surprise as in doing so, he managed to defeat the incumbent, Anthony Nogeh Gumbek, who was touted as a heavyweight as the then caretaker Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Agro-based Industry of Malaysia. Later in November 2018, Mordi was elected as vice chairman of DAP's Sarawak state liaison committee alongside Padungan assemblyman (MLA) Wong King Wei.
|2013||Mas Gading||Mordi Bimol (DAP)||5,293||26.30%||Anthony Nogeh Gumbek (PDP)||8,265||41.06%||20,384||2,156||79.10%|
|Tiki Lafe (IND)||6,109||30.35%|
|Patrick Uren (STAR)||462||2.30%|
|2018||Mordi Bimol (DAP)||12,771||56.71%||Anthony Nogeh Gumbek (PDP)||9,747||43.29%||22,822||3,024||77.06%|
|2016||Tasik Biru||Mordi Bimol (DAP)||5,634||44.87%||Henry @ Harry Jinep (PDP)||6,922||55.13%||12,797||1,288||75.10%|
- "Overview". facebook.com. Facebook. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "Chong keeps Sarawak DAP chairman post". Sulok Tawie. Malay Mail. 8 November 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "Work and education". facebook.com. Facebook. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "Mas Gading aspirant rushed to hospital after experiencing breathing difficulties". The Star (Malaysia). 29 March 2013. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "Mas Gading MP aspirant hopeful of gaining trust of constituents". The Star (Malaysia). 6 May 2012. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "DAP's Mordi springs big surprise in Mas Gading". Rintos Mail. The Borneo Post. 10 May 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "Maklumat Calon dan Kawasan Pilihan Raya P192 MAS GADING Sarawak" (in Malay). Utusan Malaysia. 12 May 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "DAP announces Mordi Bimol as its Tasik Biru man". Jonathan Chia. The Borneo Post. 20 April 2016. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "Keputusan pilihan raya negeri: Sarawak" (in Malay). Kosmo!. 24 April 2018. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "Sarawak 2018-2020". Democratic Action Party. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "Chong Chieng Jen re-elected as S'wak DAP chairperson". Bernama. Malaysiakini. 5 November 2018.