Mordialloc-Cheltenham Community Hospital
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mordialloc-Cheltenham Community Hospital|
|Location||Parkdale, Victoria, Australia|
|Affiliated university||Southern Health Care Network|
|Lists||Hospitals in Australia|
Residents of the Cities of Mordialloc and Chelsea, Victoria worked towards a community hospital from the late 1930s. Having a community hospital meant residents who required routine surgery did not need to travel into Melbourne to the larger established hospitals. This was important at a time when few people had their own transport.
For many years the Mordialloc Carnival Committee contributed to the cost of building the hospital, with one of its contributions to the ‘opening day’ appeal amounting to one thousand pounds, adding to the several thousand already committed
Construction work commenced on the Mordialloc-Cheltenham Community Hospital in 1950. on a site between Booth St and Carrier Ave on the Nepean Highway in Parkdale.
The former hospital site is now the main location of Central Bayside Community Health Services. and so is still associated with Community Health.
- Community Hospitals Mordialloc and Chelsea, Argus Newspaper 6 May 1938, retrieved 1 March 2014
- Mordialloc Carnival 1940-1968, Kingston Historical Website, retrieved 1 March 2014
- Mordialloc-Cheltenham Community Hospital, Research Data Australia, retrieved 1 March 2014
- Mordialloc-Cheltenham Community Hospital, Trove, retrieved 1 March 2014
- Contact us, Central Bayside Community Health Services, retrieved 1 March 2014