Mordialloc railway station
Southbound view from Platform 2 in September 2007
Albert Street, Mordialloc|
|Distance||27.69 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||19 December 1881|
Stabling facilities are located at the Frankston (Down) end of the station, whilst a third track is located through the middle of station, normally only used by used by Pacific National Long Island steel freight train, and trains shunting into the yard. An underpass is located at the Up (Flinders Street) end of the station.
The Mordialloc station precinct has a number of heritage buildings and elements, including the cottage style historic station buildings (1882 & 1887), and the last remaining example of an Edwardian railway water tower (1910), also known as a "Type H" water tower, in Victoria.
Boom barriers were provided at both the McDonald Street and Bear Street level crossings in 1986. In June 1988, the former signal box, which was located at the Down end of the station, was demolished, with the signal panel relocated to the main station building on Platform 1.
More recently, in October 2015, new accessible toilets were provided at the station.
Platforms & services
Ventura Bus Lines operates four routes via Mordialloc station:
- 705: to Springvale (Peak only)
- 706: to Chelsea station (Off Peak only)
- 708: Carrum station – Hampton station
- 709: to Waterways
- Mordialloc Vicsig
- Establishing a Railway Line to Mordialloc City of Kingston
- Mordialloc Signal Box Vicsig
- Chris Banger (November 1986). "Remains of Servicing Facilities from the Steam Era in Victoria". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. p. 249.
- Mordialloc Railway Station City of Kingston
- "General News". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. July 1986. p. 213.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. August 1988. p. 252.
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1997. p. 310.
- Frankston line chaos after freight train derails - The Age
- Long delays expected as freight train is derailed on Frankston line - Herald Sun
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. January 2016. p. 25.
- Frankston Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 903 Altona - Mordialloc timetable Archived 26 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Public Transport Victoria
- Route 705 Mordialloc - Springvale timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 706 Mordialloc - Chelsea timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 708 Carrum - Hampton timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 709 Mordialloc - Waterways timetable Archived 25 February 2016 at the Wayback Machine. Public Transport Victoria
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mordialloc railway station, Melbourne.|
- Melway map at street-directory.com.au