|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mordred is an American funk metal/thrash metal band based in the San Francisco Bay Area. They released three studio albums and one EP from 1989 to 1994. In this five-year span, they showed an interesting inventiveness in the wake of fusion genre. If Fool's Game (1989) meets the Bay Arena thrash spirit, with some scratch parts, the later The Next Room feels more like a Faith No More album than anything else. That may be the reason why they didn't meet the full success they may have deserved and split in the row.
In a 2016 interview on music website No Echo, bassist Art Liboon spoke about the lack of success after The Next Room was released:
|“||At this time, [Mordred drummer] Gannon [Hall] took over as manager. We seemed to be moving along okay during the recording. Noise appeared to be giving it a supportive reaction. When it hit the shelves, our strongest fanbase in Germany either shunned the record or didn't know about our forthcoming tour. There were no pre-sale tickets for the tour. Noise pulled the plug on the tour. We said, 'Fuck you,' by disbanding. We were not bluffing. The tour cancellation and growing tension between Gannon and Karl from Noise led to the ultimate sacrifice: ending the band.||”|
Mordred announced a reunion in 2001. In the following year, they played live in their home town of San Francisco, and went on to perform again. Despite this, no new material from the band has been released.
On October 20, 2013, Mordred created their official Facebook page, and a few days later, they announced a reunion with the "In This Life" lineup.
The band toured the UK and Ireland in 2014 with Jeff Gomes on drums alongside British Metal Revival band Kaine. They also played the new song "The Baroness" and announced their intention to record a new album.
- Art Liboon - Bass (1984 - 1995) (2001) (2007) (2013 - )
- James Sanguinetti - Guitar (1984 - 1986) (1990-1995) (2001) (2007) (2013 - )
- Scott Holderby - Vocals (1986 - 1993) (2001) (2013 - )
- Danny White - Guitars (1986 - 1995) (2013 - )
- Aaron Vaughn - Keyboards / Turntables (1989 - 1995) (2001) (2007) (2013 - )
- Gannon Hall - Drums (1987 - 1995) (2001) (2013 -)
- Paul Kimball - Vocals (1993 - 1994)
- Jim Taffer - Guitars (1987 - 1989)
- Steve Scates - Vocals (1984 - 1986) (2007)
- Eric Lannon - Drums (1984 - 1987) (2001 - 2007)
- Alex Gerould - Guitars (1984 - 1987)
- Sven Soderlund - Guitars (2007)
- Chris Powell - Guitars (2001)
- Jeff Gomes (2013 -)
- Fool's Game (1989)
- In This Life (1991)
- The Next Room (1994)
- Vision (1992)
- In This Live Video (1992)
- 2016 interview with Mordred's Art Liboon on NoEcho.net