More Power to Ya
|More Power to Ya|
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 21, 1982|
|Producer||Jonathan David Brown|
|Jesus Freak Hideout|||
More Power to Ya is the fifth studio album of the Christian rock band, Petra. It was released in 1982. This was the first album to feature Louie Weaver as the official drummer. It also features the vocals of bassist Mark Kelly in the song "Disciple".
All songs written by Bob Hartman, except where noted.
- "Stand Up" – 3:34
- "Second Wind" – 4:35
- "More Power to Ya" – 3:38
- "Judas' Kiss" – 4:44
- "Rose Coloured Stained Glass Windows" – 4:18
- "Run for the Prize" – 4:31
- "All Over Me" – 5:52
- "Let Everything that Hath Breath" (words & music by Greg X. Volz) – 4:23
- "Road to Zion" (words & music by Mike Hudson) – 3:59
- "Disciple" – 3:29
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This album included the use of the backmasking technique. According to many people, backmasking was being used in rock music to include hidden satanic messages. This caused a backlash from the Christian community against the genre. In an attempt to divert people obsessed with this from it, Petra used the technique with the intent to send a message. During the song "Judas' Kiss", from 0:00 to 0:03, the phrase "What are you lookin' for the devil for when you oughta be lookin' for the Lord?" is heard when played in backward motion.
- Greg X. Volz – lead vocals
- Bob Hartman – guitars
- John Slick – keyboards, backing vocals, synthesizer programming and arranging
- Mark Kelly – bass guitar, backing vocals, co-lead vocals on "Disciple"
- Louie Weaver – drums
- Additiona musicians
- Steve Porcaro – synthesizer and synth programming
- Jonathan David Brown – producer, track arrangements
- Brian Tankersley – technical assistance
- Petra – track arrangements
- T & T Designs – art direction
- Lisa Williams – layout
- Randy Rogers – illustration
- Petragram – sleeve illustration
- Bob Thigpen – sleeve photos
- Indian Creek Recording, Uvalde, Texas – recording location
- Rivendell Recorders, Pasadena, Texas – recording location, mixing location
- Steve Hall – mastering
- MCA/Whitney – mastering location
- "Petraspective - Petra Discography: Albums - MORE POWER TO YA". Petraspective.nl. September 21, 1982. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- "A Guide to Petra - The History Page". Guidetopetra.com. September 7, 2007. Retrieved November 3, 2011.
- More Power to Ya at AllMusic
- "Jesus Freak Hideout review". Jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved November 3, 2011.