|More than Honey|
|Directed by||Markus Imhoof|
|Written by||Markus Imhoof|
|Produced by||Helmut Grasser|
More than Honey is a 2012 Swiss documentary film directed by Markus Imhoof about honeybee colonies in California, Switzerland, China and Austria. The film was submitted for the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film at the 86th Academy Awards, but it was not nominated.
- Fred Jaggi
- Prof. Dr. Randolf Menzel
- John Miller
- Liane Singer
- Heidrun Singer
- Zhao Su Zhang
- Fred Terry
- Prof. Dr. Boris Baer
- Elisabeth Schild
Bumblebee researcher Felicity Muth called the film "visually magnificent." Stephen Holden, writing for the New York Times, calls the cinematography "spectacularly beautiful," and calls the film "a fascinating but rambling documentary." Peter Bradshaw, writing for the Guardian, gave the movie three stars out of five and called it an "interestingly laidback film", opining that, "Imhoof seems disconcertingly untroubled" about the ecological challenges currently facing bees. The film received an approval rating of 100% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 39 reviews, with a weighted average of 7.2/10. It also has a rating of 70% on Metacritic, based on 15 critics, indicating "Generally favorable reviews".
- List of submissions to the 86th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Swiss submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Le film "More than Honey" représentera la Suisse aux Oscars 2014". RTS Info. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- ""More Than Honey" in the running for an Oscar". Swiss Films. 19 September 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Muth, Felicity (1 September 2013). "More than honey – a review". Scientific American Blogs. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Holden, Stephen (11 June 2013). "In Fields and Hives, Zooming In on What Ails Bees". The New York Times. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Bradshaw, Peter (5 September 2013). "More Than Honey – review". The Guardian. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "More Than Honey (2012)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- "More Than Honey". Metacritic. Retrieved 1 July 2019.