More Than (company)
|Founders||Sun Alliance and Royal Insurance|
|Parent||RSA Insurance Group|
|Divisions||More Than Business|
More Than (styled as MORE TH>N) is a UK insurance company that offers motor, home, pet and travel insurance. Its business arm More Than BUSINESS offers business insurance. The company is a subsidiary of the RSA Insurance Group.
The brand launched in 2001, under the slogan of "Don't Accept Less Than More Than". More Than is known in the UK for its TV advertising, including features such as More Than Freeman, Lucky The Dog and the Personal Project Manager ad.
The Insurance Group set aside £20 million in order to create the new More Than brand. Since its inception, the company has focused on developing small service teams to care for customers in a more personal way. The company also changed the way their call centres functioned by removing scripts, thus enabling claims handlers to actually talk to customers, and encouraged call centre staff to recommend suppliers from the More Than network in order to resolve a problem.
In 2008, it was announced that their parent company, Sun Alliance and Royal Insurance, would be rebranding to RSA Insurance Group. This however had no effect on any of their subsidiaries, including More Than.
In 2013, More Than updated their brand promise to 'Where You Mean More' and became an official partner of the RSPCA. By 2015, the insurance company had donated over £260,000 to help unwanted or neglected animals in England and Wales as well as offering six weeks’ free insurance to those who re-home a pet from the RSPCA.
The company launched SM>RT WHEELS in 2014, a telematics insurance. The product focused on the young drivers market, allowing them to make savings, by rewarding safe driving throughout the year and at their time of renewal.
More Th>n announced Rob Flynn will be appointed Managing Director of the company from 1 August 2016.
The brand launched in 2001 with a campaign featuring Lucky the Dog. Lucky went on to star in more than twenty adverts. The campaign, produced by Ogilvy & Mather, called Where's Lucky? The ads looked like an appeal for information about a lost dog, with the aim of directing people to the website, WheresLucky.com. The advertising campaign, at drawing interest to the newly formed More Than brand.
The success of early adverts, one of the first featured "Lucky" driving his owner’s car home without crashing it, led the brand to continue using Lucky for another five years. During this five-year period, the company used the slogan, More Than Lucky.
In 2002, More Than announced their new ad agency would be Camp Chipperfield Hill Murray (CCHM).
In 2006, More Than aired their first television advert without Lucky and the new slogan More Than - we do more.
In 2011, the insurance company launched a TV advert starring Josh Robert Thompson replicating a similar voice and speaking style to that of actor Morgan Freeman. The term "More Than Freeman" was used throughout the advert.
In the years that have followed, the TV adverts have focused on how More Than assists clients with a more personal touch. These have included the More Than Help burglary ad, in 2013, which was later followed up with the Name Your Price advert and the Personal Project Manager ad, which aired in February 2015.
- 2010 - the company won Best Pet Insurance Provider at the Personal Finance Awards
- 2011 - the company won Best Pet Insurance Provider at the Personal Finance Awards
- 2012 - the company won Best Pet Insurance Provider at the Personal Finance Awards
- 2013 - the company won Best Pet Insurance Provider at the Your Money awards and the Best Home Emergency Cover Provider at the What Mortgage awards.
- 2014 - the company won What Mortgage’s ‘Best Overall Insurer', Consumer Intelligence’s ‘Intelligent Choice’ gold award for motor insurance and Personal Finance’s ‘Best Pet Insurance’ award
- "Will RSA get lucky by offering more?". Marketing Week. 21 June 2001.
- Jones, Rupert (16 June 2001). "RSA spends £20m to put the '>' in 'th>n'". The Guardian.
- "MORE THAN Help Ad". More Than. September 16, 2013.
- Masters, David (February 28, 2008). "Royal & Sun Alliance rebranding to RSA, and report 4% rise in profits". Insurance Daily.
- "More Than and RSPCA Working together for healthier pets". MORETH>N.
- Palmer, Kate (March 29, 2015). "Now if you speed, insurers will text your mum". The Daily Telegraph.
- "Rob Flynn appointed MORE THAN managing director". RSA.
- Bashford, Suzy (7 March 2002). "More Than shifts £20m 'Lucky' ads". Marketing Magazine.
- "More Than ads end Lucky streak". The Guardian. 1 March 2006.
- Sharp, Rob (11 February 2011). "Insurance salesman who's created more than an advert". The Independent.
- Mortimer, Natalie (February 2, 2015). "More Than focuses on its 'Personal Project Managers' in latest brand campaign".
- "2011/12 Personal Finance Awards". The Money Pages.
- "2012/2013 Personal Finance Awards". The Money Pages.
- "Your Money Award winners 2013". Your Money.
- "2013 What Mortgage Awards - Winners". What Mortgage.
- "Announcing the winners of the What Mortgage Awards 2014". What Mortgage.
- "Intelligent Choice Awards". Consumer Intelligence. Archived from the original on 2015-05-22.
- "2013/2014 Personal Finance Awards". The Money Pages.