||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (September 2014)|
|Morena municipal corporation.||6 Aug 2014.|
|• MLA||Rustam Singh|
|• Total||80. km2 (31 sq mi)|
|Elevation||177 m (581 ft)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 (6,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||MP 06|
Morena is a town in the Morena district, in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is governed by a municipal corporation. Located there are the administrative headquarters of the Morena District and of the Chambal Division. It is 39 km from Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. Morena is often mentioned in the popular Indian television series Miley Jab Hum Tum, as the place from where hail the two female protagonists. Paan Singh Tomar was born and lived in Bhidausa, Morena, as noted in the Hindi movie Paan Singh Tomar.
Morena is located at  It has an average elevation of 177 metres (580 feet)..
It is connected by rail and national highway with Gwalior and Agra. Oilseed milling and cotton weaving are the chief industries. The city has three colleges affiliated with Jiwaji University and two colleges affiliated with RGPV University. The surrounding region was formerly occupied by the princely states of Sheopur and Tonwarghar. The lower Chambal River basin consists of an alluvial tract in the north, cut by numerous ravines, and a forested area toward the south. Wheat and oilseeds are the main crops, and building stone is quarried. Morena is known for its peacocks[by whom?] (150,959 in 2001).
- Ram Prasad Bismil; Indian revolutionary, from the village of Barbai
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee; Former Prime Minister of India, native place is Bateshwar
- Narendra Singh Tomar; Minister of Mines and Steel in Indian government, from Ambah
- Paan Singh Tomar; A famous athlete.
- Ashok Argal: Mayor of Morena Municipal Coorporation
Famous schools are:
- Government Excellence Higher Secondary School
- Neil World Public School
- Ganga Public School
- Saint Mary's School
- Government MLB Higher Secondary School
- T.R. Gandhi Public School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya
Morena is situated on National Highway No. 3. The roadway connects all the parts of the state and nearby states such as Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh. The city is situated at the heart of India and can be reached from anywhere in India through National Highway No. 3. The City has Mofussil (city-to-city) bus services with connections to nearby towns and villages. Buses from Morena connect to cities such as Agra, New Delhi, Gwalior, and Indore.
- Distances from other major cities by road
Morena is well connected by train services to all parts of the country including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Indore and other major cities. Direct connections by train are available to these cities. Express trains such as the Bhopal Express, Taj Express and Bhopal Shatabdi and many more stop at Morena. Morena is located in between Delhi-Bhopal Railway route; it takes by train from Morena 4 hours to reach Delhi and 6 hours to reach Bhopal. Morena Railway Station is classified under 80 A class stations across India. This Railway Station is also famous for cold drinking water in summer by National Scouts and Guide.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Morena
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011; Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (pdf). Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 March 2012.