Moreno (Portuguese footballer)
|Full name||João Miguel da Cunha Teixeira|
|Date of birth||19 August 1981|
|Place of birth||Urgezes, Portugal|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 December 2016.
Born in Urgezes, Guimarães, Moreno began playing professionally with F.C. Felgueiras – second division, not collecting one single league appearance – then moved to the lower leagues with FC Macedo de Cavaleiros and Clube Caçadores das Taipas. In the 2004–05 season, he joined Vitória de Guimarães in the Primeira Liga.
Moreno contributed with 14 matches as Vitória moved straight from the second level into a third-place in 2007–08 (although mainly as a substitute). He spent most of the following campaign as a central defender, due to the serious knee condition of teammate Henrique Sereno.
On 6 August 2010, Moreno signed a two-year contract with Football League Championship club Leicester City, joining compatriots Miguel Vítor and Paulo Sousa (manager). Four days later he made his debut for his new team, in a 4–3 win over Macclesfield Town for the first round of the League Cup.
In August 2011, after only six official appearances in 2010–11, Moreno was told he was free to look for a new club, and was not given a squad number for the upcoming season. His contract was cancelled on 13 January 2012 and he returned to his country, joining C.D. Nacional in Madeira.
- "Leicester City sign Portuguese midfielder Moreno". BBC Sport. 6 August 2010. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- "Leicester sign Moreno for an undisclosed fee". Sky Sports. 5 August 2010. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- "Leicester 4–3 Macclesfield". BBC Sport. 10 August 2010. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- "Leicester City duo Yann Kermogant and Moreno set to leave". BBC Sport. 15 August 2011. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Moreno on the move". Leicester City F.C. 13 January 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2012.