Moreno Valley Mall
|Location||Moreno Valley, California|
|Address||22500 Town Circle, Suite 1206|
|Developer||Homart Development Company|
|No. of stores and services||143|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||1,090,000 sq ft (101,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
In the early years competition for tenants divided prospects between competing developers. In September 1996 the City confirmed that lower than anticipated revenues would result in a shortfall estimated to extend the payback period of the $13m infrastructure loan to an estimated 2026 with the loan peaking at $19.5m. Also, the mall was then valued at $66 million, far less than its original valuation of $107 million.
Moreno Valley Mall directly contracts with the local Police Service as well as private security firm for security services.
- Gottschalks - Store closed due to company bankruptcy in 2009.
- May Company - Replaced with Robinson's-May in 1993.
- Robinsons-May - Replaced with Macy's.
- Glick, Shav (2006-02-15). "Learning Curves: NASCAR used to open on the road course at Riverside". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "Briefs: Moreno Valley Mall at Towngate". WWD. 161 (126). 1991-06-28. p. 12.
Moreno Valley Mall at Towngate, a 1.2-million-square-foot two-level regional mall under construction, is scheduled to open in Riverside County, Calif., in fall 1992. Sears, Roebuck & Co., J.C. Penney and May Department Stores Co. are some of the tenants who have committed to opening stores during Phase I. Harris' Department Stores, San Bernardino, Calif., will open a 145,000-square-foot unit, as well.Link via ProQuest.
- Myers, David W. (1986-11-23). "2 Developers in Race for Sole Moreno Valley Mall Both Compete for Tenants to Build Project". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- Fleckenstein, Loren (1996-09-15). "Riverside, Calif., Mall's Financial Woes Put Pinch on City Coffers". Press-Enterprise. Knight RidderTribune – via HighBeam Research. (subscription required (. ))
- "Patrol Division". City of Moreno Valley. Archived from the original on 2007-10-14. Retrieved 2007-12-18.