Moreno Valley Mall
|Location||Moreno Valley, California, United States|
|Address||22500 Town Circle, Suite 1206|
|Developer||Homart Development Company|
|Owner||International Growth Properties|
|No. of stores and services||133|
|No. of anchor tenants||5 (3 open, 2 vacant)|
|Total retail floor area||1,090,000 sq ft (101,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
In the early years competition for tenants divided prospects between competing developers. In September 1996 the City confirmed that lower than anticipated revenues would result in a shortfall estimated to extend the payback period of the $13 million infrastructure loan to an estimated 2026 with the loan peaking at $19.5 million. Also, the mall was then valued at $66 million, far less than its original valuation of $107 million.
Moreno Valley Mall directly contracts with the local Police Service as well as private security firm for security services.
On November 7, 2019, it was announced that Sears would be closing this location a part of a plan to close 96 stores nationwide. The store closed on February 2, 2020. 
- Harris - Store converted into Gottschalks in 1999.
- Gottschalks - Store closed in 2008 due to struggles before bankruptcy in 2009.
- May Company - Store converted into Robinsons-May in 1993.
- Robinsons-May - Store converted into Macy's in 2006.
- Sears - Store closed due to company's struggle in February of 2020.
- Glick, Shav (2006-02-15). "Learning Curves: NASCAR used to open on the road course at Riverside". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "Briefs: Moreno Valley Mall at Towngate". WWD. 161 (126). 1991-06-28. p. 12.
Moreno Valley Mall at Towngate, a 1.2-million-square-foot two-level regional mall under construction, is scheduled to open in Riverside County, Calif., in fall 1992. Sears, Roebuck & Co., J.C. Penney and May Department Stores Co. are some of the tenants who have committed to opening stores during Phase I. Harris' Department Stores, San Bernardino, Calif., will open a 145,000-square-foot unit, as well.Link via ProQuest.
- Myers, David W. (1986-11-23). "2 Developers in Race for Sole Moreno Valley Mall Both Compete for Tenants to Build Project". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- Fleckenstein, Loren (1996-09-15). "Riverside, Calif., Mall's Financial Woes Put Pinch on City Coffers". Press-Enterprise. Knight RidderTribune. Archived from the original on 2011-06-15 – via HighBeam Research.
- "Patrol Division". City of Moreno Valley. Archived from the original on 2007-10-14. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- "Moreno Valley Mall". marketplace.realinsight.com. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- Tyko, Kelly; Bomey, Nathan (November 7, 2019). "Sears and Kmart store closings: 51 Sears, 45 Kmart locations to shutter. See the list". USA Today. Retrieved November 7, 2019.