Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
|Headquarters||1701 Market Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
|No. of offices||28|
|No. of attorneys||2000|
|No. of employees||1700|
|Major practice areas||General Practice, Corporate Law|
|Key people||Jami Wintz McKeon, Firm Chair|
|Revenue||US $1.291 billion (2013)|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is a global law firm.
Morgan Lewis was founded in Philadelphia on March 10, 1873 by Charles Eldridge Morgan, Jr., a Civil War veteran, and Francis Draper Lewis, the son of a successful cotton merchant. In 1883, Morgan & Lewis hired Morris Rex Bockius, who dominated the firm from the turn of the century until his death in 1939. He became a partner fifteen years after he joined the firm, which became Morgan, Lewis & Bockius.
In 1882, the firm began to handle work for the United Gas Improvement Company, which became the largest gas and electric utility company in the United States, and (as UGI) is still a client today. That was the beginning of a boom: By the end of the 19th century and into the 20th, Morgan Lewis counseled many leading companies including Philadelphia’s largest newspaper, Pennsylvania’s largest railroad, a major paper manufacturer, banks and trust companies, and the largest manufacturer of steam locomotives in the world.
Currently Morgan Lewis has more than 2000 legal professionals, providing services from locations in Almaty, Astana, Beijing, Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Dallas, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hartford, Houston, Irvine/Orange County, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Moscow, New York, Palo Alto/Silicon Valley, Paris, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Princeton, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Singapore, Tokyo, Washington, D.C., and Wilmington. 
Stamford Law announcement
On March 15, 2015, Morgan Lewis and Singapore’s Stamford Law Corporation announced a combination that created a fully integrated law firm in Singapore. The combination established a business transactions, litigation, and arbitration practice to serve clients with interests in Singapore and across the expanding Asian marketplace. 
Bingham McCutchen LLP announcement
On November 14, 2014, Morgan Lewis's partnership voted to admit 227 partners from Bingham McCutchen LLP as partners in Morgan Lewis. With the addition of these partners, Morgan Lewis was anticipated to be one of the largest law firms in the world.
As of March 30, 2015, Morgan Lewis has 28 offices in the following countries:
United States of America, China, Belgium, France, Germany, Japan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom.
Sale of web domain to Major League Baseball
- "The Am Law 100: Firms Ranked by Gross Revenue" http://www.americanlawyer.com/id=1202651156795. Retrieved on 2014-11-17.
- "About Us" https://www.morganlewis.com/our-firm/about-us
- "Locations" https://www.morganlewis.com/locations
- "Law firm Morgan Lewis opens Singapore office through Stamford deal" http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/15/us-morganlewis-m-a-singapore-idUSKBN0MB12L20150315
- "Morgan Lewis to Combine with Stamford Law in Singapore to Establish Major Asian Hub" https://www.morganlewis.com/news/morgan-lewis-to-combine-with-stamford-law-in-singapore-to-establish-major-asian-hubnews/
- "Morgan Lewis Partnership Votes to Admit 227 Partners From Bingham McCutchen" https://finance.yahoo.com/news/morgan-lewis-partnership-votes-admit-192000438.html
- "Morgan Lewis Welcomes More Than 750 Lawyers, Legal Professionals and Staff from Bingham McCutchen" http://www.morganlewis.com/news/PR_MLwelcomesNewLawyers_24nov2014
- "Done Deal: Most of Bingham McCutchen Now Officially Part of Morgan Lewis" http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2014/11/24/done-deal-most-of-bingham-mccutchen-now-officially-part-of-morgan-lewis/
- "Morgan Lewis Pitches Web Address To Major League Baseball" http://www.morganlewis.com/pubs/A78B64B1-9A01-4FB2-B4F5CE4D7A7132B1_Publication.pdf
- Ted Cruz LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/in/cruzted