Morgan Gendel is a screenwriter and television producer who has written for such television shows as Nash Bridges, Law & Order, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Wiseguy, 21 Jump Street, and Drop Dead Diva. Gendel won the Hugo Award for writing the popular and lauded Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, "The Inner Light." He was the first television writer to win the Hugo in 22 years, since the original Star Trek television series. As a producer, he brought The Dresden Files novels to the screen as a TV series on the SciFi Channel. He produced the movie Frankenhood for Lionsgate and directed the web series Pushed for The WB.com.
- Morgan Gendel at the Internet Movie Database
- Alien shares a political strain with Andromeda - LA Times Article by Morgan Gendel
- Five Big Issues Raised by The Inner Light, Tor.com
- Interview with The Inner Light Writer Morgan Gendel, Trekcore.com
- Finding The Inner Light at the Star Trek Convention ArtsFuse.org