This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Morgan Daniel Nicholls (born 18 March 1971) is an English musician, member of Senseless Things and best known for performing with Muse, Gorillaz, The Streets and Lily Allen. He released one solo album under the mononym Morgan.
Nicholls began his career with Senseless Things, with whom he released four studio albums between 1989 and 1995. He was subsequently involved with Vent 414 until 1997. In 2002, Morgan was involved as a producer on QueenAdreena's Drink Me. In August 2004 he temporarily joined alternative rock band Muse at the V Festival, filling in for bassist Christopher Wolstenholme who had broken his wrist playing football. In 2005 and 2006 he played in the live band for Gorillaz, playing two 5 night residencies at the Manchester Opera House in Manchester and the Apollo Theater in Harlem, New York, respectively. He's currently working with Muse and contributes backing vocals, keyboards and synthesizers when the band plays live, though he is not considered a full member. His proper debut with Muse came at Radio 1's Big Weekend in Dundee, Scotland. He was the tour director and bassist for Lily Allen on the first half of her 2009 world tour. He has also been touring with Muse during their stadium tour in 2010. Nicholls also played bass with The Who during their appearance at the 2012 London Olympics. He has since continued playing live with Muse on their 2nd Law tour, Drones World Tour and Simulation Theory World Tour. In late 2018 he, together with Cass Browne, Ade Emsley and Des Murphy, formed a psychedelic-punk band called Circle 60. In 2019, they've released their first EP called SawnOff ShotGold.
- 2000: Organized
- 1999: "Miss Parker"
- 1999: "Soul Searching"
- 2000: "Flying High"
- 2000: "Sitting in the Sun"
- 2012: Moonlight Rhino (Includes 3 songs; Moonlight Rhino, Sydney Sunset and Balloon Busting)
with Senseless Things
- 1989: Postcard C.V.
- 1991: The First of Too Many
- 1993: Empire of the Senseless
- 1995: Taking Care of Business
with Vent 414
- 1996: Vent 414
with Circle 60
- 2019: SawnOff ShotGold
Nicholls is the son of Billy Nicholls, singer, songwriter, record producer and musical director.
- "Muse play supermassive free show". NME. 8 January 2010. Retrieved 18 February 2010.
- "NME.COM can reveal who has been filling for Chris Wolstenholme..." NME. 17 January 2010. Retrieved 18 February 2010.
- "Lily Allen: uncertain smile". The Daily Telegraph. 16 January 2009. Retrieved 18 February 2010.
- "The Who: London, Sun, 12 August 2012". thewholive.net. 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2013.