Disappearance of Morgan Nick
Morgan Nick at age 5 or 6
September 12, 1988|
|Disappeared||June 9, 1995 (aged 6)
|Status||Missing for 21 years|
|Home town||Alma, Arkansas|
|Parent(s)||Colleen Nick (mother)|
Morgan Chauntel Nick (born September 12, 1988) was an American girl who was abducted at a Little League Baseball game. Her mother is known for creating the 'Morgan Nick Foundation', which helps people find their missing children.
On June 9, 1995, Morgan Nick and her mother, Colleen Nick, went to a Little League baseball game in their town of Alma, Arkansas. At around 10:30 p.m., Morgan asked her mother if she could catch lightning bugs with her friends. At first, her mother was uncertain, but eventually let her go. She was last seen at 10:45 p.m. by her friends, emptying sand out of her shoes at her mother's car. Morgan was however not where her friends were located. Her friends were located at a car a little ways away emptying their shoes. Her friends said that there was a "creepy" man talking to Morgan around the last time she was seen.
Later that evening, when the game was over, Morgan's friends returned without her. They told Colleen that Morgan was at her car, but when Colleen went to the car to look for Morgan, she was not there. She has not been seen or heard from since.
|Age progression of Nick to age 26|
Colleen Nick later started the Morgan Nick Foundation, which helps parents cope with the disappearances of children, and helps prevent children from going missing. Her case was shown on both Unsolved Mysteries and America's Most Wanted, while Morgan's family and the foundation was featured in 2005 on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition after the family's house was damaged in a water heater explosion.
The AMBER Alert service is named the Morgan Nick Amber Alert in the state of Arkansas. In August 2012, Tonya Smith and James Monhart, two previously convicted felons, were arrested for computer fraud after attempting to assume the identity of Morgan Nick.
- Philip Rosenbaum, Nancy Grace (2010-08-18). "Cold case: Girl, 6, was snatched at Little League game - CNN". Articles.cnn.com. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "None specified". Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "AMW - Missing Children - Nick Morgan Case". Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Watch Full Episodes for Free Online - Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - ABC.com". Abc.go.com. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "Arkansas State Police - Morgan Nick Amber Alert". Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Woman suspected of impersonating Morgan Nick pleads not guilty - FOX16.com Little Rock, AR". Fox16.com. Retrieved 2012-08-12.