Schild in 2015
|Born||August 25, 1997|
Rochester, New York
|Height||5 ft 7 in (170 cm)|
Early life and education
Schild was born August 25, 1997 in Rochester, New York to Robert, known as "Buzz," and Lorraine, a nurse practitioner. She was raised in Pittsford, New York. Schild was athletic as a child. She began skiing at age five. Alongside freestyle skiing, she also skied cross-country, and played soccer and softball. Schild was inspired to ski competitively after watching Hannah Kearney win a gold medal at the 2010 Winter Olympics. At age 15, Schild began dividing her time and training between Bristol Mountain, New York and Vail, Colorado. Schild has attended Pittsford Sutherland and Westminster College.
Schild is a freestyle mogul skier. In 2014, Schild was the overall NorAm Tour Winner. The following year, she was named Rookie of the Year for the FIS World Cup. At the 2015 Junior World Championships, Schild tore her ACL and injured her shoulder. The injuries prevented her from competing for two years.
Schild made her comeback to competition in January 2017, placing third in moguls at her first competition back. That March Schild won the United States national championship in moguls. In January 2018, Schild placed third in two events at the FIS Visa International World Cup, securing her spot on the United States Olympic team for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang. At the Olympics, Schild was in third place after the first round of qualifications, allowing her to automatically advance to the first round of finals. Schild was the top American qualifier.
- "Morgan Schild". U.S. Ski & Snowboard. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- Potrikus, Alaina (January 25, 2018). "2018 Olympics: Which Upstate NY athletes are competing in Winter Games?". NewYorkUpstate.com. Retrieved 2018-01-27.
- DiVeronica, Jeff (February 7, 2018). "Pittsford's Morgan Schild is 'real deal' as she competes for Olympic gold". Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- Beatus, Liam (December 7, 2017). "Who is Morgan Schild?". NBC Olympics. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- DiVeronica, Jeff (January 12, 2018). "Pittsford native Morgan Schild earns her Olympic ski team dream". Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- "5 Fast Facts on Morgan Schild: The Comeback Kid From NY". NBC New York. January 26, 2018. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- "Morgan Schild qualifies for U.S. Olympic moguls team; Jaelin Kauf gets another win". WAVY-TV. January 25, 2018. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- "Local woman earns spot on U.S. Winter Olympic Team". WHAM. January 12, 2018. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- Smith, Shawn (February 8, 2018). "Perrine Laffont qualifies first in women's moguls; USA's Morgan Schild in third". NBC Olympics. Retrieved February 8, 2018.