Morgan Township, Decatur County, Iowa
Location in Decatur County
|• Total||24.69 sq mi (63.95 km2)|
|• Land||24.69 sq mi (63.95 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||1,007 ft (307 m)|
|• Density||3/sq mi (1.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0468405|
Morgan Township was created in 1850. It was named for county commissioner Josiah Morgan.
Morgan Township covers an area of 24.69 square miles (63.95 square kilometers). The streams of Caleb Creek, Lick Branch and Steel Creek run through this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Woodland Township (north)
- Jefferson Township, Wayne County (northeast)
- Grand River Township, Wayne County (east)
- Hamilton Township (west)
- Eden Township (northwest)
The township contains six cemeteries: Elm, Fugate, Gatliff, Logan, Union and White Oak.
- Smith, Heman Conoman (1915). History of Decatur County, Iowa, and Its People, Volume 1. S. J. Clarke Publishing Company. p. 16.
|This article about the geography of Decatur County, Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|