Morgan Township, Porter County, Indiana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Malden grain elevator
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||45.8 sq mi (118.63 km2)|
|• Land||45.8 sq mi (118.63 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||722 ft (220 m)|
|• Density||80.4/sq mi (31.05/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453655|
Morgan Township was organized in 1843.
Cities and towns
Morgan Township is served by the East Porter County School Corporation. The high school is Morgan Township High School, located north of Malden on State Route 49.
|Name||Location||Picture||Ref pg||Ref pg|
|Adams Cemetery||150E at 250 S||Morgan||front|
|Stoner Cemetery (private)||South Sager Rd||Morgan||front|
|White Cemetery (private)||150 S near 75E||Morgan||front|
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Morgan township, Porter County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- History of Porter County, Indiana : a narrative account of its historical progress, its people and its principal interests. Lewis Publishing Company. 1912. p. 153.
- Porter County, Indiana Sesquicentennial, 150, 1836-1986
- Soil Survey of Porter County, Indiana; USDA, Soil Conservation Service, Purdue University Agricultural Experiment Station, Indiana Department of natural Resources, Soil and Water Conservation Committee; February 1981
- Rand MacNally, Porter County, Indiana, 2001
|This Porter County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|