DMG Mori Seiki Co.
DMG Mori Seiki headquarters
|Traded as||TYO: 6141|
|Founded||(October 26, 1948)|
|Headquarters||Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 450-0002, Japan|
|Revenue||US$ 1.57 billion) (FY 2013)|
JPY 9.4 billion (FY 2013)(US$ 92.1 million) (FY 2013)
Number of employees
|4,159 (consolidated, as of March 31, 2014)|
|Footnotes / references
DMG Mori Seiki Co., Ltd. (DMG森精機株式会社 DMG Mori Seiki Kabushiki-gaisha?) (formerly Mori Seiki Co., Ltd.) is a Japanese company, headquartered in Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, engaged primarily in the manufacture and sale of machine tools.
Since its establishment in 1948, it has grown into one of the largest machine tool builders in the world. With its sister company in Germany, DMG Mori Seiki AG, it markets machine tools worldwide under the brand DMG Mori.
Circa 2009, Japan's Mori Seiki entered into a strategic partnership with Germany's Deckel-Maho-Gildemeister (DMG) of Gildemeister AG, yielding the current two DMG Mori Seiki organizations. In 2015 it was reported that the company will carry out a takeover bid to acquire its German partner.
DMG MORI SEIKI CO., LTD. is a manufacturer of machine tools, peripherals and systems, with more than 160,000 installations around the world. Mori Seiki is directed by President Masahiko Mori (森 雅彦 Mori Masahiko?), Dr. Eng., and employs over 4,000 individuals worldwide.
The U.S. headquarters are located in the Chicago Technical Center in Hoffman Estates, Illinois in Greater Chicago with locations in Boston, Cincinnati, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles and New Jersey. The facility overlooks Interstate 90 (Jane Addams Memorial Tollway). The building has 102,000 square feet (9,500 m2) of space and includes classrooms. In November 2009 the current U.S. headquarters opened during a four-day event with over 2,200 visitors. On April 1, 2010, as part of the deal between Mori Seiki and Gildemeister AG (DMG) the U.S. divisions of both companies merged into one unit.
In 2009, DMG MORI SEIKI CO., LTD. relocated its U.S. headquarters to a newly built building, designed by Itasca, Illinois-based Cornerstone Architects Ltd., located in the AT&T corporate center in Hoffman Estates.
From October 1, 2013 the company renamed from Mori Seiki Co., Ltd. to DMG MORI SEIKI CO., LTD..
In 2016, DMG Mori opened its new 200,000 m2 plant in Ulyanovsk, Russia, starting production of its ecoline group of machine tools there, plus attendant training and service facilities.
Products and Technologies
DMG MORI SEIKI CO., LTD.'s major products include computer numerical control (CNC) lathes, parallel-twin-spindle turning centers, multi-axis turning centers, five-axis turning centers, vertical machining centers, horizontal machining centers, linear motor-driven horizontal machining centers, operating systems, machining support systems, networking systems, and production support systems. Mori Seiki has 29 subsidiaries and six associated companies.
Throughout its history, the company has developed more than 200 models of CNC lathes and machining centers.
DMG MORI SEIKI CO., LTD. provides service and support over the life of its machines. Service centers throughout the country provide customers local support with global backing.
- "Corporate Profile". DMG Mori Seiki. Archived from the original on June 19, 2015. Retrieved June 17, 2015.
- "Company Snapshot". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved June 17, 2015.
- "Japan's DMG Mori Seiki to acquire German partner". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. January 22, 2015. Retrieved June 17, 2015.
- "Corporate Profile." Mori Seiki. Retrieved on January 30, 2011. "Nagoya Head Office 2-35-16 Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya City, Aichi 450-0002, Japan."
- "Bases in Japan." (Direct map image link) Mori Seiki. Retrieved on January 30, 2011. "Nagoya Head Office 2-35-16 Meieki, Nakamura-ku,Nagoya City, Aichi 450-0002, Japan."
- "Headquarters." DG Mori Seiki USA. Retrieved on June 19, 2013. "2400 Huntington Boulevard Hoffman Estates, IL 60192"
- "Mori Seiki opens headquarters." Daily Herald. October 23, 2009. Business p.1. Retrieved on June 19, 2013. "Mori Seiki USA will celebrate the opening of its new headquarters next week in Hoffman Estates. The 102,000 square-foot building will house the machine tool company’s North American headquarters. The facility at 2400 Huntington Blvd., overlooking the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway, also includes classrooms."
- AM Staff. "Mori Seiki Unveils New U.S. Headquarters." American Machinist. November 15, 2009. Retrieved on June 19, 2013.
- TMD Staff. "DMG and Mori Seiki Officially Combine US Operations 4/1/10." Aerospace Manufacturing and Design. March 1, 2010. Retrieved on June 19, 2013.
- "Contact." DMG Mori Seiki UK. Retrieved on June 19, 2013. "4030 Siskin Parkway East Middlemarch Business Park Coventry, CV3 4PE"
- "Impressum." Mori Seiki Germany. Retrieved on June 19, 2013. "Antoniusstraße 14 D-73249 Wernau"
- "Mentions légales." Mori Seiki france. Retrieved on June 19, 2013. "MORI SEIKI GmbH Antoniusstraße 14 D-73249 Wernau"
- Press release of September 30, 2013 (PDF)
- "DMG Mori supports Porsche's return to the World Endurance Championship". Machinery Magazine. Findlay Media Ltd. March 10, 2014. Retrieved June 17, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DMG Mori Seiki Co..|