Morisset railway station
Southbound view in May 2007
|Location||Dora Street, Morisset|
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||123.33 km (76.63 mi) from Central|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||15 August 1887|
|Passengers (2013)||980 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Morisset railway station is located on the Main Northern line in New South Wales, Australia. It serves the City of Lake Macquarie suburb of Morisset opening on 15 August 1887 as Morrisset being renamed on 1 February 1889.
Platforms & services
Morisset has two side platforms. It is serviced by NSW TrainLink Central Coast & Newcastle Line services travelling from Sydney Central to Newcastle. Until October 2013 it was the terminating point for many local services from the old Newcastle station, however these now all continue to Gosford and Sydney.
The remnants of the former freight yard are immediately north of the station including a southbound refuge loop.
|1||services to Gosford & Sydney Central|||
|2||services to Newcastle|||
Busways operate one route to and from Morisset station:
Hunter Valley Buses operate five routes via Morisset station:
- 275: to Toronto
- 278: to Silverwater
- 279: to Sunshine
- 280: to Cooranbong
- 281: from Lake Haven to Wang Wangi (Fridays only)
Rover Coaches operate one route to and from Morisset station:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- Morisset Station NSWrail.net
- "Central Coast & Newcastle line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Busways route 95". Transport for NSW.
- "Hunter Valley Buses route 275". Transport for NSW.
- "Hunter Valley Buses route 278". Transport for NSW.
- "Hunter Valley Buses route 279". Transport for NSW.
- "Hunter Valley Buses route 280". Transport for NSW.
- "Rover Coaches route 163". Transport for NSW.