Morisset railway station
Southbound view in May 2007
|Location||Dora Street, Morisset
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||123.33 km (76.63 mi) from Central|
|Fare zone||MyZone 3|
|Opened||15 August 1887|
Morisset railway station is located on the Main Northern line in New South Wales, Australia. It serves the City of Lake Macquarie suburb of Morisset opening on 15 August 1887 as Morrisset being renamed on 1 February 1889.
Platforms & services
Morisset has two side platforms. It is serviced by NSW TrainLink Central Coast & Newcastle Line services travelling from Sydney Central to Hamilton (Newcastle). Until October 2013 it was the terminating point for many local services from Newcastle, however these now all continue to Gosford and Sydney.
The remnants of the former freight yard are immediately north of the station including a southbound refuge loop.
|1||services to Gosford & Sydney Central|||
|2||services to Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
Busways operate one route to and from Morisset station:
Hunter Valley Buses operate four routes via Morisset station:
Rover Coaches operate one route to and from Morisset station:
- Morisset Station NSWrail.net
- "Central Coast & Newcastle line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 5 January 2015.
- "Route 95 timetable information". Busways. 30 November 2014.
- "Routes 274, 275 and 276 timetable". Hunter Valley Buses. 20 April 2015.
- "Routes 278, 279, 280 and 281 timetable". Hunter Valley Buses. 20 April 2015.
- Route 163 Timetable Rover Coaches
- Media related to Morisset railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Morrisset station details Sydney Trains