Moritz Körner (2019)
|Member of the European Parliament|
|Born||August 3, 1990|
|Political party|| German:|
Free Democratic Party
Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe
Moritz Körner is a German politician of the Free Democratic Party (FDP) who has been serving as a Member of the European Parliament since 2019. Furthermore he is member of the board of the Free Democratic Party in Germany.
Career in state politics
Körner joined the FDP in 2008. Since 2014, he has been a member of the party's leadership in North Rhine-Westphalia, under the leadership of successive chairmen Christian Lindner (2014-2017) and Joachim Stamp (since 2017).
Member of the European Parliament, 2019–present
Körner has been a Member of the European Parliament since the 2019 European elections. He has since been serving on the Committee on Budgets and the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs. In this capacity, he served as the Parliament’s rapporteur on a 2020 scheme that linked member states’ access to the Budget of the European Union to respecting the rule of law.
In addition to his commiteee assignments, Körner is part of the Parliament's delegation for relations with China. He is also a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on LGBT Rights, the European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas, and of the URBAN Intergroup.
- "Alle Gewählte in alphabetischer Reihenfolge". Der Bundeswahlleiter (in German). Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- Gabriela Baczynska (September 28, 2020), Exclusive: EU chair Germany proposes adherence to rule of law as key to getting bloc's cash Reuters.
- Moritz Körner European Parliament.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on LGBTI Rights.
- Members 2019-2024 European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas.
- Members URBAN Intergroup.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|