Morning Becomes Eclectic
Morning Becomes Eclectic (MBE) is a three-hour adult album alternative radio program first aired in 1977 and broadcast live every weekday from KCRW in Santa Monica, California. The show's name is a play on the Eugene O'Neill trilogy of plays, Mourning Becomes Electra.
The show is hosted by Jason Bentley, who also serves as the station's music director. MBE was previously hosted by Tom Schnabel (July 1979 - November 1990), Chris Douridas (1990 - 1998)  and Nic Harcourt (1998 - November 2008). The program was created by Isabel Holt.
The show is repeated twice on KCRW's music webcast, and live performances are also sometimes available as audio and video podcasts. Typically, the show features two or three live performances each week during the last hour of the day's broadcast.
KCRW Sounds Eclectico
KCRW Sounds Eclectico is a compilation album featuring live performances by leading Latin alternative artists on Morning Becomes Eclectic. The album was released by Nacional Records and co-produced by the show’s host Nic Harcourt and veteran Latin rock artist manager Tomas Cookman.
The KCRW Sounds Eclectico track listing features acts such as Julieta Venegas, Brazilian Girls, Manu Chao, Ozomatli, Café Tacvba, Kinky, Thievery Corporation, Aterciopelados, Sidestepper and Plastilina Mosh. Participating artists donated their proceeds from their live performances to KCRW, with the funds directed towards the support of music programming on the station. Some of the recordings were re-broadcast on the weekly syndicated program "Sounds Eclectic" distributed by Public Radio International. All performances were recorded live to two track digital audio tape and/or Pro Tools sessions and can be found archived in their entirety at KCRW. The album artwork was designed by Beck.
- Café Tacvba – La Muerte Chiquita
- Julieta Venegas – Lo Que Pidas
- Sidestepper – Deja
- Juana Molina – Insensible
- Jorge Drexler – El Pianista del Gueto de Varsovia
- Thievery Corporation – Shadows of Ourselves
- Plastilina Mosh – Baretta 89
- Aterciopelados – Baracunatana
- Los Amigos Invisibles – Gorditas de Mario
- Manu Chao – Clandestino
- Omara Portuondo - No Me Vayas a Enganar
- Brazilian Girls – Homme
- Los Lobos – Carabina 30-30
- Ozomatli – Saturday Night
- Kinky – Sol (Batucada)
- El Gran Silencio – Sound System Municipal
- Sixteen Tons (Ten Songs)
- "KCRW "Sounds Eclectico" Set For Release on September 13th" (Press release). Nacional Records. 1 September 2005.