Morning Express with Robin Meade
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Morning Express with Robin Meade|
Morning Express with Robin Meade logo
|Presented by||Robin Meade |
Bob Van Dillen
|Country of origin||United States|
|Production location(s)||Atlanta, Georgia|
|Running time||360 minutes (six hours)|
|Original network||HLN (2005-present)|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV) |
|Original release||2005 – present|
|Related shows||Robin & Company|
Morning Express with Robin Meade is a morning television show program that airs on the HLN television network in the United States. It is also broadcast on CNN Philippines every Monday to Friday and, as Weekend Express, every Saturday and Sunday during the overnight hours starting from August 2016.
About the show
Airing each weekday live from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Eastern time, Morning Express with Robin Meade on HLN features an ensemble that includes anchor Robin Meade, meteorologist Bob Van Dillen & money correspondent Jennifer Westhoven. Morning Express includes news, weather, sports, entertainment, finance and travel. The group of anchors appear friendly, at an upbeat pace, described by Stephen King as "his morning people" in his Entertainment Weekly column. The show is reportedly popular among young males 18-34 unlike most news programming which tend to have an older and more female viewership.
Between October 2008 and April 2009, the show was accompanied by the "Morning Express Challenge" trivia game. The game ran from 8 to 10 a.m. Eastern and offered trivia on current events, polls, predictions and a chat room. Robin and the other correspondents often took part in the chat room and mentioned game players on the air. Trivia game players were eligible to win prizes that included trips, T-shirts, bathrobes, and a variety of others.
Robin and Company era
From 1982 to 2005, HLN (then known as CNN Headline News) did not have a predominant morning program, but the network decided in 2005 to build a program around Robin Meade based on her growing ratings and popularity among viewers. The program was originally called Robin & Company.
Effective November 5, 2007, the program was renamed Morning Express with Robin Meade. The renamed program bills itself as the "fastest morning news show on television".
- Robin Meade – anchor (2005–present)
- Bob Van Dillen – weather anchor/traffic & air travel correspondent (2005–present)
- Jennifer Westhoven – business & finance correspondent (2006–present)
- Hines Ward – sports anchor (2016–present)
- Lynn Smith – weekend anchor (2014–present)
- Kendis Gibson – entertainment anchor (2005–2006)
- Will Selva – sports anchor (2005–2007)
- Shanon Cook – entertainment anchor (2005)
- Adrianna Costa – entertainment anchor (2005–2007)
- Richard Lui – politics and news correspondent (2007–2010)
- Rafer Weigel – sports anchor (2008–2011 Now a current WMVP-AM Radio Broadcaster)