|Origin||Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States|
|Labels||Glacial Pace Recordings|
Tiger Merritt |
Morning Teleportation is a psychedelic rock band formed in 2009 when Bowling Green, Kentucky natives Travis Goodwin (keyboards), Tres Coker (drums), and Paul Wilkerson (bass) met up with Chicago transplant Tiger Merritt (vocals/guitar), who had just moved to their hometown for college. In the last few years they have played at Electric Forest Festival, Bonnaroo Music Festival, and Sasquatch! Music Festival and supporting the likes of The Flaming Lips, Cage The Elephant, Primus and Modest Mouse.
In 2009, the band signed to Glacial Pace Recordings. On March 8, 2011 their debut album, Expanding Anyway, was released on both vinyl and compact disc. The record was produced by Modest Mouse vocalist Isaac Brock. In 2011 Wilkerson left the band. In 2012 Coker was replaced with Joseph Jones. Alex Lindsey, brother of Mona bassist Zach Lindsey, also joined the band full-time on bass. Also in April 2012, Tiger Merritt revealed in an interview that the band had moved back to their hometown, Bowling Green, Kentucky to write material for their next album. The band released their second studio album in 2017.
- Kobylensky, Koby. "Morning Teleportation: Quadrophonic Friends with Benefits". Premier Guitar. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- Cohen, Jake. "Morning Teleportation – Expanding Anyway". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- Conaton, Chris. "Morning Teleportation: Expanding Anyway". PopMatters. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- Ilkowski, Kim. "Morning Teleportation – "Calm Is Intention Devouring Its Frailty"". Stereogum. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- Walker, Jerad. "Songs We Love: Morning Teleportation, 'Re-wiring Easily'". NPR Music. Retrieved 23 November 2017.