|Genre||Morning show, infotainment|
|Directed by||Wayne O'Donnell|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||7|
Louisa Hatfield (2012-2013)|
Natasha Daran (2014-2016)
Mark Calvert (2017-2018)
Bree Dwyer (2018-present)
|Location(s)||Sydney, New South Wales|
120 minutes (Weekends)|
150 minutes (Weekdays)
|Original network||Nine Network|
|Original release||6 February 2012 – present|
|Preceded by||Kerri-Anne (2002-2011)|
Today Extra is an Australian morning talk show, hosted by Sonia Kruger and David Campbell. The show airs between 9:00am and 11:30am weekdays with a highlights program on Saturday mornings. The program is filmed at the TCN-9 studio in Willoughby, a suburb located on the North Shore of Sydney, New South Wales.
The show premiered on the Nine Network on 6 February 2012 as Mornings and features interviews, live music performances and segments on cooking, lifestyle, fashion and beauty, entertainment and a wide range of other topics. Mornings replaced the long-running Kerri-Anne.
In January 2015, Nine relaunched Mornings with a new set and logo. Wendy Kingston and Georgie Gardner to fill in for Sonia Kruger whilst she was on maternity leave. Kingston presented on Monday and Gardner presented from Tuesday to Friday. They presented until Kruger returned on Monday 27 April.
On 5 May 2015, Mornings was extended to 11.30am. As a result Nine's Morning News was moved to 11.30am.
In January 2016, Nine announced that Mornings would be rebranded as Today Extra to become an extension of the network’s breakfast show Today. The show was moved to the Today studio, while keeping its focus on light entertainment and news updates.
|Brad McKay||Health and lifestyle|
The first episode of Mornings attracted 104,000, trailing The Morning Show which attracted 166,000 viewers. However, in October 2012, Mornings beat The Morning Show for the first time since its launch.
On 19 March 2016, six weeks after the relaunch to Today Extra, the program won the week against The Morning Show. This included a victory in Perth, which for many years has been Nine's weakest market ratings-wise. It was the first time The Morning Show lost a week in its nine year history.
- Knox, David (29 January 2012). "Airdate: Mornings". TV Tonight. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- Knox, David (24 January 2015). "Gallery: New Set For Nine's Mornings". TV Tonight. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- Knox, David (19 April 2015). "Sonia Kruger Returning To Mornings". TV Tonight. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- Knox, David (27 April 2015). "Mornings To Extend to 11.30am". TV Tonight. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- Knox, David (23 January 2016). "Mornings To Rebrand As Today Extra". TV Tonight. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- Knox, David (7 February 2012). "The Reality of Mondays". TV Tonight. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- Knox, David (1 November 2012). "Mornings beats The Morning Show". TV Tonight. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- Knox, David (20 March 2016). "Nine Takes Week From The Morning Show For First Time in 9 Years". TV Tonight. Retrieved 20 March 2016.