Mornings (TV program)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)|
|Directed by||Wayne O'Donnell|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||620 (as of 6 February 2015)|
|Executive producer(s)||Louisa Hatfield (2012-2013)
Natasha Daran (2014-present)
|Location(s)||TCN-9 Willoughby, New South Wales|
|Running time||150 minutes per episode (inc. commercials)|
|Original network||Nine Network|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||6 February 2012 – present|
|Preceded by||Kerri-Anne (2002-2011)|
Mornings is an Australian morning talk show on the Nine Network. The show is presented by Sonia Kruger and David Campbell and airs between 9:15am and 11:30am weekdays and highlights of the week on Saturday mornings.
The show premiered on the Nine Network on 6 February 2012 and features interviews, live music performances and segments on cooking, lifestyle, fashion and beauty, entertainment and a wide range of other topics. It replaced Kerri-Anne, which was originally titled Mornings with Kerri-Anne and formerly aired in the same time slot.  The first guest on the show was actress and comedian Magda Szubanski. Mornings, along with Today went on hiatus during the course of the 2012 London Olympics
Wendy Kingston (Monday) and Georgie Gardner (Tuesday-Friday) filled in for Sonia Kruger whilst she was on maternity leave. Wendy's last day as host was Monday 20 April while Georgie finished up on Friday 24 April. Sonia returned on Monday 27 April however Kingston and Gardner will still fill-in for her when she is absent.
Mornings includes a mix of lifestyle, cooking and interview segments along with advertorials. The advertorials are for products from homeshopping companies such as Danoz Direct and Global Shop Direct and are presented by Jaynie Seal. With regular reports filed by Susanne Messara.
- Beauty with Michael Brown
- Cooking with various chefs everyday
- Crime with Mary-Ann Harris
- Entertainment with Sam Rubin
- Fashion Police with Paula Joye, Lizzie Renkert, Josh Flinn
- Health and Fitness with Amelia Burton
- Law with Sam Macedone & Richard Miltry
- Money with Effie Zahos
- Parenting with Yvette Vignando
- Relationships with Dr. Wendy Walsh, Janet Hall, Ian Wallace & Justin Coulson
- The Carve Up with Mike Dalton
- Royal Roundup with Katie Nicholl
- Sport with Ken Sutcliffe, Erin Molan & Neil Breen
- Travel with Quentin Long
- Nine News updates with Davina Smith
- Wildlife with David Whitehill
Extra Half Hour
On May 5, 2015 Mornings was extended to 11:30am pushing Nine's Morning News back by 30 minutes.
Mornings currently trails behind its Seven Network rival The Morning Show, however in October 2012 Mornings beat The Morning Show for the first time since its launch earlier in February. The Nine Network has not won the timeslot since 2008. On Australia Day 2015, Mornings had a major relaunch and rated the highest it has ever seen with an audience greater than 200,000. Since then Mornings has been increasingly gaining on its rival, frequently "beating" The Morning Show throughout the course of the year.
Fill-in presenters on Mornings as of 2015 are:
- "Sonia Kruger: Why I'll be funnier than KAK". News.com.au. 8 January 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- "Kerri-Anne Kennerley speaks out about Nine replacing her with Sonia Kruger on morning show". Herald Sun. 21 November 2011. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- Knox, David (19 June 2012). "3.1 As Karise Is Announced As The Voice". TV Tonight. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- Knox, David. "Mornings beats The Morning Show". TV Tonight. Retrieved 10 January 2013.