Morningside railway station, Queensland
|Location||Waminda Street, Morningside|
|Coordinates||27°28′16″S 153°04′10″E / 27.4710°S 153.0695°ECoordinates: 27°28′16″S 153°04′10″E / 27.4710°S 153.0695°E|
|Owned by||Queensland Rail|
|Operated by||City network|
|Distance||10.52 kilometres from Central|
|Station code||600254 (platform 1)|
600255 (platform 2)
|Fare zone||go card 1|
Morningside railway station is located on the Cleveland line in Queensland, Australia. It serves the Brisbane suburb of Morningside.
Morningside station opened in 1888 as Bulimba, being renamed Morningside shortly afterwards.
On 26 May 1996, the timber station building was burnt out and later demolished. On 15 July 1996, the Fisherman Islands line to the Port of Brisbane opened to the north of the station.
Morningside is served by Cleveland line services from Shorncliffe, Northgate, Doomben and Bowen Hills to Cannon Hill, Manly and Cleveland.
Services by platform
|1||Cleveland||Cannon Hill, Manly & Cleveland|||
|2||Cleveland||Bowen Hills, Northgate, Doomben & Shorncliffe|||
- ^ "Rise of Morningside". The Brisbane Courier. 17 December 1931. p. 19.
- ^ Morningside Centre for the Government of Queensland
- ^ "QR General News" Railway Digest August 1996 page 11
- ^ "Fisherman Islands line opened - partly" Railway Digest September 1996 page 18
- ^ Dutton Park Junction - Cannon Hill SA Track & Signal
- ^ "Cleveland Line timetable". Translink. 2 March 2020.
- ^ Morningside Platform 1 TransLink
- ^ Morningside Platform 2 TransLink
- Media related to Morningside railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Morningside station Queensland's Railways on the Internet
- Morningside station TransLink travel information