Moroccans in Italy
(420,650~0.71% of total population)
|Regions with significant populations|
|Lombardy · Piedmont · Emilia-Romagna|
|Arabic (Moroccan Arabic), and Italian|
|mainly Sunni Islam but also christianity, judaism , Irreligious and Atheism|
There is a large population of Moroccans in Italy. According to Italy's 2016 census, 420,650 Italians (0.71% of total population) consider themselves to be of Moroccan origin. Moroccans continue to be the third largest non-indigenous minority ethnic group in Italy after Romanians and Albanians.
Based on Demo Istat statistics.
- Mostafa Errebbah (1971), long-distance runner
- Nadia Ejjafini (1977), long-distance runner
- Khalid Chaouki (1983), politician
- Malika Ayane (1984), singer
- Jonis Khoris (1989), footballer
- Yonese Hanine (1990), footballer
- Adam Masina (1994), footballer
- Hachim Mastour (1998), footballer
- "Cittadini Marocchini in Italia - 2017". Tuttitalia.it. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- Salih, Ruba (2002), "Shifting Meanings of 'Home': Consumption and identity in Moroccan women's transnational practices between Italy and Morocco", in Al-Ali, Nadje Sadig; Koser, Khalid, New approaches to migration?: transnational communities and the transformation of home, Transnationalism, 3, Routledge, pp. 51–67, ISBN 978-0-415-25432-8
- Blangiardo, Giam Carlo (July 2003), "Rapport sur l'immigration en Italie et notamment sur les ressortissants marocains", in Kabbaj, Khadija, Marocains de l'Extérieur (PDF), Rabat: Fondation Hassan II pour les Marocains Résidant à l'Etranger, pp. 269–285, ISBN 9954-400-19-2