Morogoro Urban District
|Morogoro Urban District
Wilaya ya Morogoro Mjini
Location of the Morogoro Urban District in Tanzania
small dark green spot in northern Morogoro Region
This article is about Morogoro Urban District. See also Morogoro Rural District.
Morogoro Urban District (Swahili: Wilaya ya Morogoro Mjini) is one of the six districts of the Morogoro Region of Tanzania. It contains the city Morogoro, capital of the Morogoro Region, and no villages. Morogoro Urban District covers 260 square kilometres (100 sq mi). It is bordered to the east and south by the Morogoro Rural District and to the north and west by Mvomero District
For parliamentary elections, Tanzania is divided into constituencies. As of the 2010 elections Morogoro Urban District had four constituencies:
- Morogoro-Kusini-Mashariki Constituency
- Morogoro Kusini Constituency
- Morogoro Mjini Constituency
- Mvomero Constituency
Morogoro Urban District has six administrative division.
- Boma (English Meaning: headquarters)
- Kilakala(Luguru word meaning:Kilchoungua in SWAHILI)
- Mji Kuu (English Meaning: center city)
- Mji Mpya (English Meaning: new city)
- Mlimani (English Meaning: on the mountain)
- Sabasaba (English Meaning: 7/7 or July 7th)
- Sultan Area
- Uwanja wa Ndege (English Meaning: airport)
- Uwanja wa Taifa
- "Morogoro Region Socio-Economic Profile" (pdf). The Planning Commission, Dar es Salaam, and The Regional Commissioner's Office, Morogoro. 1997. Archived (PDF) from the original on 30 May 2004.
- "2002 Population and Housing General Report: Morogoro: Urban". Archived from the original on 20 March 2004.
- "Organisations located in Morogoro Mjini District - Tanzania". African Development Information.
- Note: the Mvomero Constituency is in Morogoro Urban District even though it is primarily for Mvomero District.