Moron 5 and the Crying Lady
|Moron 5 and the Crying Lady|
Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Wenn Deramas|
|Produced by||Vicente del Rosario|
Vic del Rosario Jr.
|Written by||Wenn Deramas|
Mel Mendoza-Del Rosario
|Screenplay by||Mel Mendoza-Del Rosario|
|Music by||Jessie Lasaten|
|Edited by||Marya Ignacio|
|Box office||PHP 64,642,363|
Moron 5 and the Crying Lady is a 2012 Filipino comedy film directed by Wenn V. Deramas, starring Luis Manzano, DJ Durano, Martin Escudero, Billy Crawford, Marvin Agustin, and John Lapus. It was released last April 7, 2012 and distributed by Viva Films. A sequel, Moron 5.2: The Transformation, was released on November 5, 2014.
It tells the story of five friends who are depicted to be stupid. They cross paths with a gay man who has a grudge against them, so much that the gay man, played by John Lapus, will do anything to bring them down.
Half-witted longtime friends Albert (Luis Manzano), Isaac (Billy Crawford), Mozart “Mo” (DJ Durano), Michaelangelo “Mike” (Martin Escudero) and Aristotle “Aris” (Marvin Agustin) were used to living moronic yet pretty normal and hassle-free lives until successful careerwoman Beckie Pamintuan (John Lapus) accused them of killing her father and ruin everything for them. The Moron 5 are more than sure of their innocence but for the life of them, they can't find any single satisfactory argument on how to prove it especially when their opponent would do everything to punish them for whim. Spending three miserable years in prison trying different failed comedic attempts to get out, they finally figured a way to escape. They stalked Beckie and tried to understand why she's fighting so hard to have them imprisoned when it's clear as day that what happened three years ago was a nonsense frame-up. An opportunity came when Beckie's driver got fired for having an affair with her maid and Albert volunteered to apply to replace him. He infiltrated the Pamintuan Residence and together with his four crazily daft friends, they've gathered information about the curious family yet to them, it isn't making any sense at all especially Vecky's unexplained hatred to the five of them. Why is Beckie fighting so hard to have them suffer? The Moron 5 will try harder to know and hopefully understand what's really going on although little did they know that by doing so, everything that they hold dear might be at risk.
Cast and characters
- Luis Manzano as Albert Macapagal
- Billy Crawford as Isaac Estrada
- Marvin Agustin as Aristotle Ramos
- DJ Durano as Mozart Twister Aquino
- Mart Escudero as Michael Angelo Marcos
- John Lapus as Beckie Pamintuan
- Roden Araneta† as Albert's Father
- Carlos Agassi as Bully 1
- German Moreno† as Isaac's Father
- Dennis Padilla as Michael's Father
- Arlene Muhlach as Isaac's Mother
- Deborah Sun as Mozart's Mother
- Jon Santos as Albert's Mother
- Roldan Aquino as Mozart's Father
- Joy Viado† as Filomena Gaborone (Aristotle's Aunt)
- Eagle Riggs as Principal
- Christopher Roxas as Bully 2
- Andrew Wolfe as Carding
- Tess Antonio as Teacher 1
- Dang Cruz as Teacher 2
- Aki Torio as Issac's Brother
- Eri Neeman as Bully 3
- Nikki Gil as Bank Teller (Cameo)
- Jennylyn Mercado as Prison Visitor (Cameo)
- Ya Chang as Hiroshi (Beckie's fiancee)
- Mark Andrew Felix as Young Albert
- Marco Barillo as Young Isaac
- Carlos Dala as Young Aristotle
- Kevin Kier Remo as Young Mozart
- Martin Luigie Venegas as Young Mike
- Kyle Ang as Young Beckie
A sequel, entitled Moron 5.2: The Transformation, will be shown on November 5, 2014. All lead stars but one reprised their roles in the original movie. Matteo Guidicelli joined the cast as Michael Angelo, replacing Martin Escudero. In an interview from Viva Entertainment YouTube Video, Guidicelli stressed that the character's (previously played by Escudero) face was accidentally burnt. His face was surgically restored in the story, following Guidicelli's face. The theatrical release was on November 5, 2014.
- The First names of the protagonists were based on the names of the Ancient Philosophers and Renaissance painters, scientists, and musicians and their last names were based on the surnames of the Philippine Presidents.
- The name of the main antagonist is Beckie Pamintuan. The first name "Beckie" is a term for Filipino Gays and Homosexuals (Bakla in Filipino) and the last name is "Pamintuan" which was derived from the word "Paminta", the extended term for "pa-men" which is the term for Filipino Bisexuals.
- "Why Moron 5 and The Crying Lady is a 'first' for direk Wenn". Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-05-02. Retrieved 2012-06-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)