Région du Moronou
Location of Moronou Region (green) in Ivory Coast and in Lacs District
|2012||Established via division of N'Zi Region|
|• Prefect||Nemlin Houande Henriette Epse Diahi Néssero|
|• Council President||Véronique Aka Amanan|
|• Total||6,670 km2 (2,580 sq mi)|
|• Density||53/km2 (140/sq mi)|
|Time zone||GMT (UTC+0)|
Moronou Region is one of the 31 regions of Ivory Coast. Since its creation in 2012, it has been one of four regions in Lacs District. The seat of the region is Bongouanou and the region's population in the 2014 census was 352,616.
Moronou is the most recently created region of Ivory Coast. It was formed in 2012 after the other 30 regions had been organised in 2011. Moronou was created by splitting off three departments from N'Zi Region.
- "Conseil des Ministres du mercredi 04 Juillet 2012 : De nouvelles entités administratives créées", abidjan.net, 5 July 2012.
- Décret n° 2012-612 du 04 juillet 2012 portant création de la Région du Moronou.
- "Préfets de Région et de Préfets de Département (Conseil des ministres du mercredi 26 septembre 2012)", abidjan.net, 2 October 2012.
- "Moronou", gouv.ci, accessed 23 February 2016.
- "Côte d'Ivoire". geohive.com. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
|This Lacs District location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|