Moropant Vishvanath Joshi
Joshi was a member of the Central Provinces Legislative Council. When diarchy was introduced by the Government of India Act 1919, Joshi was made the Home Member in the Governor's Executive Council. He was knighted in the 1923 Birthday Honours, and appointed a Knight Commander of the Order of the Indian Empire (KCIE) in the 1926 New Year Honours.
In 1925, the tenure of Moropant Joshi as Home Member from the Central Province was about to end. The Governor of the Province, Sir Montagu Butler offered Seth Govind Das the post, but he refused the offer and Mr S. B. Tambe from the Berar region was appointed.
Joshi was the chairman of the committee of ten, to which the Hindu Child Marriage Bill was referred and was passed as Child Marriage Restraint Act of 1929 on 28 September 1929.
Joshi retired in 1933 and died aged 101 in 1962.
- Yaśodābāī Jośī (2003). A Marathi saga: the story of Sir Moropant and Lady Yashodabai Joshi. Namita Gokhale Editions, Roli Books. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "The History Of Amravati". District Courts, Maharashtra. 2012. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- The London Gazette: . 2 June 1923.
- The London Gazette: . 1 January 1926.
- "Recommendation for the high profile post for Govind Das ji and his refusal". gokuldas.com. 2006. Retrieved 25 March 2015.