|Moroto Regional Referral Hospital|
|Uganda Ministry of Health|
|Hospital type||General and Teaching|
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda
Medical education in Uganda
Moroto Regional Referral Hospital, commonly known as Moroto Hospital is a hospital in the town of Moroto, in Northeastern Uganda. It is the referral hospital for the districts of Abim, Kaabong, Kotido, Moroto and Nakapiripirit.
The hospital is located in the central business district of Moroto, in Moroto District, approximately 460 kilometres (290 mi), by road, north-east of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the hospital are 2°31'57.0"N, 34°39'41.0"E (Latitude:2.532500; Longitude:34.661389).
|This paragraph needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Moroto Hospital is a public hospital funded by the Uganda Ministry of Health. General care in the hospital is free. It is one of the thirteen regional referral hospitals in Uganda. The hospital is one of the fifteen internship hospitals where graduates of Ugandan medical schools can serve one year of internship under the supervision of qualified specialists and consultants.
The bed capacity of Moroto Hospital was 114 beds as of June 2010.
- Lirri, Evelyn (27 May 2010). "UShs260 To Revamp Country's Ailing Hospitals". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Moroto With Interactive Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- Google. "Location of Moroto Regional Referral Hospital At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- UTG. "About Moroto District, Northern Uganda". Uganda Travel Guide (UTG). Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- The renovation of Moroto Regional Referral Hospital was funded by The World Bank under the Uganda Health Systems Strengthening Project
- Moroto District Internet Portal
- Moroto District Overview at Ugandatravelguide.com